PDA

View Full Version : Learning Recipes Not Functioning Correctly

b_ulam
07-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Today;
-At lvl 9 basketry, in order, I learned the masters hat, adepts hat, and mentors hat
-At lvl 10 basketry i learned the GrandMaster's hat.
-I learned the twisted rope and braided rope in the same crafting attempt
-I learned the Grass Mat, Grass Thatch , Light Grass Plate and Heavy Grass Plate all in the same crafting attempt

-Having initially had one item or more from each of the masons, scrappers, scavengers, pioneers, gadu, bamati and banaya sets, I leveled up 8 times, from 59 to 67, and only leaned 2 items. A banaya mat floor which uses grass and a masons post which was in game before. I leveled up building several hundred Gadu Branch Barricades.

My stats are; 68str 70for 65agi 68dex 76int 53per 49chr 54spr

IMO, it seems like learning recipes is not functioning correctly.

p.s. architecture was my starting skill

NorCalGooey
07-01-2011, 08:25 PM
a tribe mate learned 6 recipes in one attempt today. also in basketry.

Tesla
07-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Similar issues here also. I have been working on arch before the patch out of boredom, up to 75 skill level. I remember reading somewhere in the Q&A that new arch recipes would be found scavenging and learned through building items. Well, I am realizing that new recipes are learned as you level, for me about every other level with 82 INT. At this level, thats alot of damn barricades or walls. And that means i wont be able to learn many more though building. Sucks for someone who wanted to focus on arch and chose it as my starting skill. At 100, if it is even possible, i would not have half of the recipes. Ive tried scavenging to, no found recipes at all so far using that method.

So, how about a correction here so that it doesnt take a skill level or two for recipes and base it on how much you build instead.

NorCalGooey
07-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Recipes can be found scavenging. Devs will fix not being able to learn recipes without a skill up. Even at 100 you should be able to learn new recipes (if by some chance you haven't learned them all after grinding 90-100 arch...aka forever)

I am also learning a new recipe every second or third level up. I'm at 79 architecture. Only 50 int, 30 spirit. I don't mind it taking a long time to learn recipes, I do mind not being able to learn them because we are at level cap (100 arch)

b_ulam
07-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Devs will fix not being able to learn recipes without a skill up....

...I am also learning a new recipe every second level up. I'm at 79 architecture. Only 50 int, 30 spirit.

Im at 76int 49chr, i learned 1 recipe per 4 lvls up

#2 Proptosition 1: Devs will fix not being able to learn recipes without a skill up.
Proposition 2: Even at 100 you should be able to learn new recipes (if by some chance you haven't learned them all after grinding 90-100 arch...aka forever)
Fact: at level 100 you stop leveling up
Propositions 1 and 2 together imply you level up beyond 100 which contradicts fact

Tesla
07-01-2011, 08:40 PM
I agree Norcal, I'm fine with it taking time. But if i were to reroll and reset to 25, I could learn all the recipes much faster. See the problem there?

NorCalGooey
07-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Yeah, and if you haven't learned all the pre patch recipes, you may learn some of those instead.

Tesla
07-02-2011, 08:50 AM
The following is a paste from the Q&A post #14:

"Osirrus Asks:

How will the new architecture schemes be learnt in game? Will there be scavengable architecture schemes? And if so will they be level locked? My personal hope is no, we'll only learn new arch schemes through grinding. But then how is someone with level 100 arch sposed to learn the new stuff.....

There will be found schemes and I am revising scheme gain so that you can continue to gain schemes based on number of successful crafting attempts, not just skill gain. I will explain the changes better when they are ready."

I can verify that this has not been implemented.

Xsyon, please get this in to help those of us that have been working on our Arch skill.

Osirrus
07-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Arch level Pre Patch lv77

Grinding scrappers metal wall sections

@lv78 learnt a tarp roof section
@lv79 learnt scrappers western gate

lv80-83 learnt nothing

do i need to unlock one of the new recipe line now i am wondering (like tailoring etc. learn one recipe from a set and grind the rest?

i am reluctant to grind more levels if the fix for learning new stuff past lvl 100 isnt in yet...

someone said they got a floor?
arent there sposed to be stairs and other items in to?
what have others learnt that is new?

Ground out a couple more levels without learning anything more.

so have given in and decided to reroll and start grinding from level 25.
rerolled 6 times to get a character with a decent amount of arch recipes.
will report back in a few days if ive had some luck this time around

Tesla
07-03-2011, 05:30 AM
bumped in hopes of getting an official response.

Rudder
07-03-2011, 08:56 AM
As a Toolcrafter with 90 Int I learned 123 recipes by level 42 and none since. There are more than 123 toolcrafter recipes and I have to find the recipes for the extra tools. STATS MATTER in this game. Int and Perception less than 90 will really affect skill progression and stat increases/decreases across the board.

I found a Scrappers Concrete Porch.

Osirrus
07-03-2011, 09:03 AM
rerolled my character explicitly built for arch and scavenging

started at lvl 25 with 9 recipes

ground upto lvl 51 currently have 20 recipes

i know last time i ground arch i was still getting recipes upto level 80

b_ulam
07-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Yesterday I learned the GM Cloth Hat at lvl 36 as well as all the other cloth hats. Note tailoring had cloth rope recipes added with the patch.

I Would like to make my observations clear; Crafts to which new recipes have been added no longer provide new recipes in the manner which we are used to.

-Up until last patch, if there were recipes unlockable at your current level, these recipes would be learned after a fairly reasonable number of craft attempts (it wouldnt take more than 15 minutes for a new recipe if you dont need to lvl up to be able to learn said recipe). Currently crafts to which new items have been added give you new recipes without verifying that you have the requisite level (proof gm grass hat at lvl 10, not 99. gm cloth hat at 36 not 99).

-Also it seems that every recipe gain in architecture is tied to a level up, what i mean is that one cannot learn a new arch recipe on a craft attempt for which a level is not gained. Not all level ups provide new recipes, but new recipes are ONLY gained at level up.
i) This means that we will not be able to learn new recipes after lvl 100,
ii) we will not ever learn more than 95 more items than we started with and
iii) High level architects are being hadicapped for being a high level - each lvl up takes longer than the previous, so each new project takes longer to be learned as well.

IMO, iii) is the worst, as high level architects are being punished for having a high level. This makes no sense; recipe gains should increase in frequency as your level increases, and the maximum you can learn should be limited by not having a high enough level, not by having too high of a level.

Also starting with architecture gives you fewer potential level ups on which to learn a recipe. People who start at architects thus end up as the worst architects. Try explaining that to a new player.

Hopefully these issues will be addressed by an Official shortly.

goodayve
07-04-2011, 02:44 PM
I took basketry at the beginning. I leveld up to about 36 and never learned 1 recipe until after the patch.

Also basketry probably got new recipes added which are ment for people to know. So when they craft they learn those new easy recipes.

At least i can finally learn new recipes in basketry, before I couldnt.

Toolcrafting seems exactly the same as before the patch.

Each craft should have more easy stuff like toolcrafting. Then there can be other harder recipes.

Tesla
07-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Yesterday I learned the GM Cloth Hat at lvl 36 as well as all the other cloth hats. Note tailoring had cloth rope recipes added with the patch.

I Would like to make my observations clear; Crafts to which new recipes have been added no longer provide new recipes in the manner which we are used to.

-Up until last patch, if there were recipes unlockable at your current level, these recipes would be learned after a fairly reasonable number of craft attempts (it wouldnt take more than 15 minutes for a new recipe if you dont need to lvl up to be able to learn said recipe). Currently crafts to which new items have been added give you new recipes without verifying that you have the requisite level (proof gm grass hat at lvl 10, not 99. gm cloth hat at 36 not 99).

-Also it seems that every recipe gain in architecture is tied to a level up, what i mean is that one cannot learn a new arch recipe on a craft attempt for which a level is not gained. Not all level ups provide new recipes, but new recipes are ONLY gained at level up.
i) This means that we will not be able to learn new recipes after lvl 100,
ii) we will not ever learn more than 95 more items than we started with and
iii) High level architects are being hadicapped for being a high level - each lvl up takes longer than the previous, so each new project takes longer to be learned as well.

IMO, iii) is the worst, as high level architects are being punished for having a high level. This makes no sense; recipe gains should increase in frequency as your level increases, and the maximum you can learn should be limited by not having a high enough level, not by having too high of a level.

Hopefully these issues will be addressed by an Official shortly.

I agree, the worst part of this is that if you played before the patch dilligently raising arch skill in preparation for future builds, now you are, as you say, handicapped because now you have fewer levels to reach and fewer recipes will be learned. Of course, if I had any idea this would happen, I would not have touched arch at all before the patch. Should have just taken that time off as others did. Hmmm, should i stop playing now to prevent hurting my character further? That doesn't sound right does it.

b_ulam
07-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Also basketry probably got new recipes added which are ment for people to know. So when they craft they learn those new easy recipes.

The GrandMaster's hat is 'meant' to be learned at level 99, or it was prior to the patch. The addition of the recipes which one is meant to know in the tailoring and basketry crafts seems to have caused a bug where you learn all the items which you would have learned by level 100 prior to the patch in rapid succession before learning the new recipes one is 'meant' to know.