- Ongoing streamlining of text inputs and displays.
- Ongoing array optimization.
- Ongoing network packet optimizations.
These optimizations were released in a series of minor updates and will continue!
Optimization and Bug Fix Patch
1) Corrected and improved occlusion system. This should improve frame rate.
2) Revised text / string uses. This affects all text in game (chat, any displays with text).
3) Optimized array systems. This affects anything that is stored in arrays (inventory, meshes, textures).
4) Optimized networking packets. This slightly reduces the amount of data sent and received and primarily affects inventory
- Grass regeneration increased.
- Fixed problem with stacking logs and bundles across a zone boundary.
- Adjusted Welcome Stations to require only active quests and trades on one totem per tribe instead of all existing totems.
- Cleaned up inventory transaction code to prevent minor issues with carts, bundles and packs occasionally being unable to be removed.
- Blocked rare situation where players could try to place a container inside itself
- Fixed issues causing the game to sometimes crash when using Alt-Tab in full screen mode.
- Client side memory leaks cleared.
- DirectX code minor issues corrected.
- Measure (tool) naming revised to be consistent.
- Steam Overlay support added
- Keyboard input system revised (from Raw Input to Win32 Input) in order to support Steam Overlay functions.
- Floor collision improved to prevent players falling through gaps (in particular with corner floors).
- Boulder system optimized.
- Containers can be dropped on boulders (original report)
- Collision revised to prevent situations on trusses (original report)
- Containers stuck
Updated 12-25-2015 at 11:26 PM by XsyonMaster