Thread: Interface

Interface

Can we have some screenshots of the games user interface posted? I am interested in seeing the HUD, inventory screens, Tribe screens, building screens, crafting, etc.

Just looking to get a general feeling of how the interface will work.

Thank you

Re:Interface

Yes, coming soon!

Another question is, how customizable is the interface?

I really hate games that don't let me move stuff around to suit my preferences (preferably with a snap-to-grid option). Not quite as important but still very nice is the ability to scale interface elements (preferably individually) and even reskin the UI.

I'm in the air about addons. On the one hand, the ability to create addons helped WoW's interface mature. Addons compensated for shortfalls in the interface, and ultimately Blizzard incorporated the most innovative addon features into the core UI. But on the down side it got to where you just about needed to have addons, and then on patch day you were left stuck with being unable to play as you're used to until the addons get updated. Not to mention the number of times someone would leave the game and stop developing his addon altogether!

Really, there's no reason why a developer today can't look at the best elements of existing UI's and incorporate those into new games from the start. If a developer does that, then all it really needs is the ability to move, scale and reskin. Which in turn makes it a lot harder to cheat.

Interface elements can be moved around and they do snap to a grid.

They can't be currently scaled, but it's possible in the future.

About skins, this is possible but we'd need to set things up a bit differently to make skinning easier. We'll likely do this in the future.

Thanks for the info. Great to know that they can be moved and also snap!

A great example of why I ask for scaling is Allods Online, which doesn't have this feature. I play on a 30" screen, and really don't need my health bar to be 6" long! Even if it's just a single setting for global UI scale, that would be great.

A great example of why I ask for scaling is Allods Online, which doesn't have this feature. I play on a 30" screen, and really don't need my health bar to be 6" long
    Ah, I see. Our interface elements stay the same size in pixels, so if you run the game in high resolution, the elements are smaller in relation to the screen.

Is there a similar interface that you can refer us too? I prefer simple Darkfall style over complex without options

lildeath16 wrote:
    Is there a similar interface that you can refer us too? I prefer simple Darkfall style over complex without options
    Closest one I could describe it as is that of Roma Victor's. I couldn't imagine why :whistle:

That was an interesting, albeit difficult game haha