Thread: Fire

Fire

Now we know there are campfires, but are there torches?

Basically i want to know later when evolution kicks in, will we be able to slash and burn highly concentrated forestry to fertilize the ground for agriculture.

Also i would like to know is it possible to torch towns and tents?

Last will our campfires or fires in general go out when it rains, or will fires melt snow around it. Thank you

Re:Fire

lildeath16 wrote:
    Now we know there are campfires, but are there torches?

Basically i want to know later when evolution kicks in, will we be able to slash and burn highly concentrated forestry to fertilize the ground for agriculture.

Last will our campfires or fires in general go out when it rains, or will fires melt snow around it. Thank you
    Good ideas, hope they do something like this.

lildeath16 wrote:
    These two seem logical to be implemented and do really expect those to be in as well. However burning of a forest is going to be rather hard to implement. Both from a programming point of view it will be hard to implement a wild fire like that an to calculate how it spreads naturally and from a game PoV it would be rather damaging as we have no means to put it out. Meaning that half the games forest might go out in flames.

Also a tree normally does not completely burn down. You would still have to remove it by hand anyway.

I think we should have to steal fire from the gods first.
    like in mythology.

I'm up for the job if none of you carbears are
    Brum, brum.

Redus wrote:
    lildeath16 wrote:

Also a tree normally does not completely burn down. You would still have to remove it by hand anyway.
    We could use the wood that was not burned to build a house :blush:

lildeath16 wrote:
    This would be really cool and would also add another dimension to PvP. If structures can be burned, I foresee a lot of angry builders in the future.

This would be a great addition. I know from personal experience that starting a camp fire in the rain is not fun.

Also, will the cold affect our characters in the winter time? For instance, will we need fire to survie?

By whicker at 2010-04-12

Leiros wrote:
    lildeath16 wrote:
    Also, will the cold affect our characters in the winter time? For instance, will we need fire to survie?[/quote]

This is interesting. Would we have to stay warm in the winter? This could effect our comfort.

Something like this would have to be greatly thought out. Don't forget you have to worry about things like your tribe not being only to defend your town.

How fair would it be to a tribe if their town got burnt down for the sole reason of them not being online when the attack occurred?