Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Some problems that I forsee with this game...

    Hello,
    I have not played BETA nor have I preordered it, but I have A LOT of questions that should scare a majority of you guys away.

    1.) Why would I preorder a game that the gaming company REFUSES to be specific on what it is about?

    2.) Why do you allow people to BETA test a very flawed version of a game that you expect us to PAY for and say that its flawed?

    3.) Why does this game seems so restrictive in theme and PvE, but it appearance has no restrictions in building and PvP? Do not say it is because the players build the world, because you need some balance of what the players can and cannot do.

    4.) As it relates to number 1, why do you have a very vague wiki that is not only vague, but a horrible design? IF you are going to waste your time building a poorly made wiki, you mine as well make it professional.

    5.) Finally, as it relates to again to number 1, it seems like a big huge world editor, why should it be so expensive if that is what it is?

    I hope that everyone takes these thoughts into consideration and I wish to hear from a developer himself, because I think that a BETA tester cannot give a full answer that has any bearing to what I think. If you guys have poor excuses for these answers, then make this game free, because making us pay for a poor excuse for a game is nearly as bad as what EA does with Ultima Online, Warhammer (which i have never played, but EA's games suck so I can only presume), and other of their MMORPGs.

    Also, do not give me some poor excuses for videos, those are not sufficient in helping me or any one else make a decision on what this game is about. If you guys are not BETA testing or are not the developer, you are gambling your money away on something that has a sure fire way of failing and fleeing with it.
    All things that pass will be reborn somewhere else stronger and better; thus, obsoleting any remains of the former.

  2. #2
    Xsyon Citizen Kitsume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    423

    Re:Some problems that I forsee with this game...

    Go back about 6 to 8 weeks in the forum, all of this has been extensively discussed before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perception is reality

  3. #3
    Xsyon Citizen
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Posts
    151

    Re:Some problems that I forsee with this game...

    fortunado wrote:
    Hello,
    I have not played BETA nor have I preordered it, but I have A LOT of questions that should scare a majority of you guys away.

    1.) Why would I preorder a game that the gaming company REFUSES to be specific on what it is about?

    2.) Why do you allow people to BETA test a very flawed version of a game that you expect us to PAY for and say that its flawed?

    3.) Why does this game seems so restrictive in theme and PvE, but it appearance has no restrictions in building and PvP? Do not say it is because the players build the world, because you need some balance of what the players can and cannot do.

    4.) As it relates to number 1, why do you have a very vague wiki that is not only vague, but a horrible design? IF you are going to waste your time building a poorly made wiki, you mine as well make it professional.

    5.) Finally, as it relates to again to number 1, it seems like a big huge world editor, why should it be so expensive if that is what it is?

    I hope that everyone takes these thoughts into consideration and I wish to hear from a developer himself, because I think that a BETA tester cannot give a full answer that has any bearing to what I think. If you guys have poor excuses for these answers, then make this game free, because making us pay for a poor excuse for a game is nearly as bad as what EA does with Ultima Online, Warhammer (which i have never played, but EA's games suck so I can only presume), and other of their MMORPGs.

    Also, do not give me some poor excuses for videos, those are not sufficient in helping me or any one else make a decision on what this game is about. If you guys are not BETA testing or are not the developer, you are gambling your money away on something that has a sure fire way of failing and fleeing with it.
    Begin "poor excuses":
    1. The company or the game?
    2. The keyword is BETA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_testing)
    3. It has never been billed as PvE
    4. Indie company
    5. Terra-forming is a tool the Devs keep in the game to add to the sandbox environment for players to build with (name a game that has this).

    PS-It is not a game until it goes live/launches/retail and you pay $ per month. They are not a "free to play game" based on advertising revenue or other business models, they are subscription based. Most games allow people to purchase retail/pre-order 90 days out. This sometimes gets them into open beta or pre-launch. You are not being charged a monthly fee yet.

    Notorious have always said they will push back the game if needed to make sure it is solid at launch. They also gave you 60 days free play with pre-order purchase, early entry, a week pre-start ahead of launch and a weapon or item of choice. By this time the game only cost you $10. I think they have been very open and fair through this process. Do you need a BIG developer name to purchase a pre-order? Indie and beta should tell you all you need to know.

    I wasted $80 dollars on STO (pure crap)and that was supposed to be developed by a company who has developed MMO's before. Games are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get.

  4. #4

    Re:Some problems that I forsee with this game...

    fortunado wrote:
    Hello,
    I have not played BETA nor have I preordered it, but I have A LOT of questions that should scare a majority of you guys away.

    1.) Why would I preorder a game that the gaming company REFUSES to be specific on what it is about? Then don't preorder... I wanted to help test with the beta so I did.

    2.) Why do you allow people to BETA test a very flawed version of a game that you expect us to PAY for and say that its flawed? Too many people would want to test it, so this is probably the best way of limiting it.

    3.) Why does this game seems so restrictive in theme and PvE, but it appearance has no restrictions in building and PvP? Do not say it is because the players build the world, because you need some balance of what the players can and cannot do. This is VERY vague and without specific questions I can only say to look up the specific rules.

    4.) As it relates to number 1, why do you have a very vague wiki that is not only vague, but a horrible design? IF you are going to waste your time building a poorly made wiki, you mine as well make it professional. If I remember right, they didn't make the wiki. The wiki is player made.

    5.) Finally, as it relates to again to number 1, it seems like a big huge world editor, why should it be so expensive if that is what it is? Because it's that and much, much more. It's an mmo...

    I hope that everyone takes these thoughts into consideration and I wish to hear from a developer himself, because I think that a BETA tester cannot give a full answer that has any bearing to what I think. If you guys have poor excuses for these answers, then make this game free, because making us pay for a poor excuse for a game is nearly as bad as what EA does with Ultima Online, Warhammer (which i have never played, but EA's games suck so I can only presume), and other of their MMORPGs. This... is stupid? You're comparing it to something you've never played? A dev will probably answer you cause they're awesome here, but this is probably what they're going to say... only much nicer and more professional.

    Also, do not give me some poor excuses for videos, those are not sufficient in helping me or any one else make a decision on what this game is about. If you guys are not BETA testing or are not the developer, you are gambling your money away on something that has a sure fire way of failing and fleeing with it. I am a beta tester.
    pid73 wrote:
    It's about smashing with a tank over a minicar and looting it's trunk.

  5. #5

    Re:Some problems that I forsee with this game...

    Sorry, I have already had my questions answered. Sorry for any thing that came off as rude...I was only trying to ensure that everything was correct. Thank you for your answers. Once again thank you.
    All things that pass will be reborn somewhere else stronger and better; thus, obsoleting any remains of the former.

  6. #6

    Re:Some problems that I forsee with this game...

    fortunado wrote:
    Sorry, I have already had my questions answered. Sorry for any thing that came off as rude...I was only trying to ensure that everything was correct. Thank you for your answers. Once again thank you.
    Just a tad lol, but I'm glad you got your questions answered.
    pid73 wrote:
    It's about smashing with a tank over a minicar and looting it's trunk.

  7. #7

    Re:Some problems that I forsee with this game...

    Veldern wrote:
    fortunado wrote:
    Sorry, I have already had my questions answered. Sorry for any thing that came off as rude...I was only trying to ensure that everything was correct. Thank you for your answers. Once again thank you.
    Just a tad lol, but I'm glad you got your questions answered.
    Hey, who knows, you might actually end up getting used to my annoyance.

    (off the subject, do you like my title I awarded myself with? I had another one, but felt it wasn't appropriate for the kiddies. :P)
    All things that pass will be reborn somewhere else stronger and better; thus, obsoleting any remains of the former.

  8. #8

    Re: Some problems that I forsee with this game...

    1) If you don't like the information presented to you in the tabs above given by development and don't like the ingame videos. Then you wont Preorder. Preorder is if you believe the game is one of sound idea and quality.

    2) Developers chose to try and self-filter beta testers by a process of eliminating the "I just want to play the game" and a serious player.

    In my personal view, beta is something that was added at the last minute. My understanding (which could be easily wrong) would suggest there was going to be no beta at all, but the demand grew and developers couldn't refuse the logical input presented to them from the player base.

    3) Restrictive in theme? To me the theme of the game is open and cannot be narrowed down to a simple theme. When new content is introduced it is able to bring more and more interesting twists and in my view will be interesting to watch the development.

    Restrictive in PvE? There is no Environment yet as in the whole of it. There is no animals other than ourselves, and there is no other ecosystems other than trees. Plantlife hasn't yet been turned on (which Im sure is a feature... at least I hope it is!)

    Restrictions in buildings is that you have to build within a tribe... I can only guess that the tribe totem poles are hard to move and change around, as any other system in my view would be an exploit. PvP is a guarded secret in terms of how it is prevented.

    4) Wiki isn't dev created or controlled. A member of the player base created it to aid Xsyon in its attempts. All content in there was added by players, and content added by myself is content in which was created as "Place Holders" as any and all information found out in this period of time is subject to change or deletion, and therefore not detailed.

    5) It's a sandbox which allows Terraforming, PvP, PvE and has or will have twists along the way.

    At the end of the day, you aren't being held to ransom, you are free to preorder, you are free not to, and any choice you make is yours to do as you see fit
    We have cool new forums... Y~A~Y

  9. #9

    Re: Some problems that I forsee with this game...

    thank you, for a detailed answers, provided by both BETA testers, mods, and devs. I am sorry for any problems i have caused and as i stated before, i am not trying to come off as rude so sorry if i did. I hope you all the best if i decide to move on, thank you once again.
    All things that pass will be reborn somewhere else stronger and better; thus, obsoleting any remains of the former.

  10. #10

    Re: Some problems that I forsee with this game...

    Apprehension and challenging whats known is extremely prudent and understandable in this market; especially with us types that play on the outskirts of the mainstream.

    I dont have tough questions, as I've been following and reading more often then not, but I have quiet concerns myself.

    The way I look at it with what I know, is that spending $40 on an indie mmorpg project with a month or 2 for free off the bat is a better deal I get with a single-player game. So there's hardly a chance I wont at least get $40 of entertainment value.

Similar Threads

  1. Maps of the zones/starting areas
    By Shaggy in forum Prelude Talk - General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 11:19 AM
  2. Just a quick question
    By shika20111 in forum Prelude Talk - General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 11:22 AM
  3. Will Xyson support newer comps?
    By Nightson in forum Prelude Talk - General Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 09:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •