Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re:The big list of refinements for the UI

pid73 wrote:
    9) On some occasions the terrain is not rendered (it seems to be occluded). Example: stand in zone 211, Pos 279.86 | 613.09 and move camera around. The problem may be limited to the client when windowed at 1024x768 pixels.
    Just curious if this is what you're referring to here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb-ZplAvqaY

I haven't found a consistent cause for this. I've seen this a lot when exploring the map and just attributed it to glitches or holes in the terrain that would likely be fixed when the terrain update is done. What I recorded here is in my usual scavenging location and I've spent hours running around here without seeing this. I've re-logged several times but it doesn't help. I may restart my PC next to see if that helps.

Cunk wrote:
    pid73 wrote:
    9) On some occasions the terrain is not rendered (it seems to be occluded). Example: stand in zone 211, Pos 279.86 | 613.09 and move camera around. The problem may be limited to the client when windowed at 1024x768 pixels.

(omitted video)

I haven't found a consistent cause for this. I've seen this a lot when exploring the map and just attributed it to glitches or holes in the terrain that would likely be fixed when the terrain update is done. What I recorded here is in my usual scavenging location and I've spent hours running around here without seeing this. I've re-logged several times but it doesn't help. I may restart my PC next to see if that helps.
    Hello Cunk,

I really don't know. In my case, when I point the camera up/down it appears/disappears, as if it was bound to the camera position and angle. It might be your problem, because a large polygon as this has it's center far away from the border. The culling algorithm could have excluded that polygon because it erroneously decided that the polygon is outside the camera frustum.

Again, I really don't know. Just guessing.

Sampy wrote:
    Would be nice if the back slot could be drag to the hotbar so i don't need to mantain always open the character inventory.
    Other windows aren't big than this and its not problem to keep them always open but that one its a bit annoying.
    As cbowsin already said, just press "p" to open the packs window which is smaller than the inventory ("i" key).

Once a pack is open, the pack window itself is useless.

I put it on the same position of the inventory, so I can open the inventory (overlapping the pack window) without cluttering up space.

It is annoying that once I close the inventory, the pack window is still sitting behind it, much like a pop-under on a website.

Maybe it would be better to simply put the pack on the toolbar, as you suggested. But I already see that the toolbar will be a very valuable and limited space. There are not many slots, I put there 3/4 crafting skills and it's already 50% full...

pid73 wrote:
    Cunk wrote:
    pid73 wrote:

(omitted video)

Hello Cunk,

I really don't know. In my case, when I point the camera up/down it appears/disappears, as if it was bound to the camera position and angle. It might be your problem, because a large polygon as this has it's center far away from the border. The culling algorithm could have excluded that polygon because it erroneously decided that the polygon is outside the camera frustum.

Again, I really don't know. Just guessing.
    Yeah, I've definitely experienced that in the past too (being able to make it appear and disappear consistently by changing the camera angle) but this feels different. More related to camera position than angle but I suppose it could still be related. But whatever, I'm not going to worry about it too much before the terrain rendering update.

Xsyon Citizen

I would like to see a mark on the green bars (hunger, energy, health, ...) at 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4. Doesn't need a number even, just a permanent mark on the bar.