Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boats and fishing?

Since the game is based around the Lake Tahoe basin, I was just wondering if we'll be able to eventually make canoes etc. and go fishing in the lake? The lake takes up a large portion of the basin, so this seems a logical step... also, if this is possible, would naval PvP be a possibility? any ideas?

By whicker at 2010-04-12

Re:Boats and fishing?

Fishing should be available at some point, but the naval warfare is stretching it. We'll be able to swim so that opens up the idea of exploring the depths for rate items.

Yeah, I wouldn't necessarily expect naval combat, but if we're able to cut down trees for wood then it stands to reason that someone might be able to fashion a canoe from one. After all, a person can only swim so far.

By whicker at 2010-04-12

I like this idea. Small fish along the shore, and big fish in the middle.

From there start there will not be any boats. the only large body of water needed for a boat is the lake, the rest of the area is just rivers.

As for fishing there will be fishing, I'm going to take an unofficial stab and guess it will be out on release.

Virtus wrote:
    As for fishing there will be fishing, I'm going to take an unofficial stab and guess it will be out on release.
    Thanks Virtus! (even if it is an unofficial guess )

By whicker at 2010-04-12

Virtus wrote:
    From there start there will not be any boats. the only large body of water needed for a boat is the lake, the rest of the area is just rivers.

Awesome and I could imagine with the abilities to obtain different stroke styles, there will be opportunities for scavaging.

I don't think naval warfare fits the whole setting really. I think any boats that could be implemented should be for transport or fishing purposes and maybe very small combat capabilities. Like two people in a boat, one man rowing and the other firing from a bow.
    Brum, brum.

Cradlejoe wrote:
    I don't think naval warfare fits the whole setting really. I think any boats that could be implemented should be for transport or fishing purposes and maybe very small combat capabilities. Like two people in a boat, one man rowing and the other firing from a bow.
    People will indeed not build big battleships just for the lake and it rivers. Smaller ships for transport seem logical as going though the water is not only faster, but gets you on the other side of the lake a hell of a lot faster.

I would like LOVE see someone row a few kilometers :silly: