Decaying Tribal Towns

I was reading that there would be quests for tribes to do deliever items for their village and patrol their borders, and was thinking another cool "quest" would be to have to repair their town. It would be kinga like UO(ultima Online) where you had to open your door to refresh your house but a little more technical. And if no one does it for a week or 2 then your town would either "fall" or another tribe could come in a and take over.

Re:Decaying Tribal Towns

yeah something like this would be cool in the long run so that there arent ghost towns of past tribes and such

Ulfsark wrote:
    yeah something like this would be cool in the long run so that there arent ghost towns of past tribes and such
    why not? ghost towns are cool. actually, over time, they could become ruins and clutter the history of this ancient land...

would even be cooler if the tribe's totem stays there all rotten and crumbling but when you click it you can read about the ruins, the tribe's age and name and such...

true, i guess i was underestimating the size of the world, and if you could rebuild the ghost towns that would be cool, basically it would suck if the whole world was covered by ruins and you couldnt build anything new

What if a high level terraform/scavenger could clear old ruins after a long enough time. You might be able to get some random construction materials out of the process. Make it more economical to build where an old town was rather than starting new.

Could also have bands of mobs occupy the abandoned towns. So you have to clear them our before being able to occupy/scavenge