Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How Dark is Dark?

Should we be expecting Mortal Online pitch black without a torch, or WoW style magic torches that always light up your area?

I love the concept of having to work lighting into combat strategies but know this would turn off a lot of casuals if you need to carry a torch while hunting at night.

Re:How Dark is Dark?

Uzik wrote:
    Should we be expecting Mortal Online pitch black without a torch, or WoW style magic torches that always light up your area?

I love the concept of having to work lighting into combat strategies but know this would turn off a lot of casuals if you need to carry a torch while hunting at night.
    There are two problems with a pitch black enviorment. Day and night cycle goes pretty fast and people will just put up there monitors gamma/brightness to see more and get an advantage over those who can not or do not know how. Not sure if there was a solution in Mortal for that? I know I just changed my gamme/brightness when playing Wurm Online.

Mortal online was pitch black- like looking at a black screen- unless u had atorch so gamma and brightness wouldnt fix this

Moon light varies based on the moon's cycle. In general the darkness isn't pitch black, especially near the lake where the water is reflective.

Please tell us that night time will not be this dark

It's definitely never that dark.

I'll be happy with darkness if it's enough to conceal people at a reasonable distance.
    Let the midnight assaults begin
    Brum, brum.

Cradlejoe wrote:
    I'll be happy with darkness if it's enough to conceal people at a reasonable distance.
    Let the midnight assaults begin
    Indeed.

I like Darkness to a point where it has strategic value, not when it requires you to bring a torch or turn up your gamma : (

I don't really mind Wurms darness as it gives you a sense that night time is dangerous as people would have though when there were no street lights
    Brum, brum.

I kinda like pitch-black nights. In most games, it doesn't even really matter what time of day it is.