Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ESRB Rating and Behavior Policies

Any idea what rating Xsyon will get? Would hope that a post apocalyptic MMO is gritty enough for an M : )

Also, will there be rules about cursing and being mean to people? I always hated people running and crying that they were going to report you to GM's for making them sad : (

Re:ESRB Rating and Behavior Policies

Uzik wrote:
    Any idea what rating Xsyon will get? Would hope that a post apocalyptic MMO is gritty enough for an M : )

Also, will there be rules about cursing and being mean to people? I always hated people running and crying that they were going to report you to GM's for making them sad : (
    From a personal opinion..I really do not see the point of cursing. In a role playing way I might understand it happens, but outside that...does not really add anything useful and might only offend people. Better to avoid.

Being mean...well it depence how you do it. Ganking someone over and over and over again just because you feel like being an ass should be punished by the community. A person like that should simple be kill on sight to everyone. However there should be no GM intervention for such occasions.

Another thing i hate.
    People blatantly say they don't see the point of cursing, yet they do it themselves ingame.

It's something that happens and cannot be repaired, unfortunately you'd have to live with it.

If you can't live with it, then why are you on the internet?

Simple as that.

Xsyon will not be getting an ESRB rating. What's the point in paying to having some official company telling your rating when you already know what it is.

That said, Xsyon is designed to be 18+.

Swearing will be tolerated, Racism etc etc will not!

Xsyon Citizen

Actually if Xsyon was to get a rating they'd probably want to go for a PEGI rating and not an ESRB.

PEGI is the main classification system in europe and is still spreading in popularity. Also unlike ESRB, PEGI is legally enforced in a growing number of countries.

Virtus wrote:
    Xsyon will not be getting an ESRB rating. What's the point in paying to having some official company telling your rating when you already know what it is.

That said, Xsyon is designed to be 18+.

Swearing will be tolerated, Racism etc etc will not!
    Is the intention to not ever have boxed copies in the US? I believe many retail chains will not carry games that are not ESRB rated.

To re-iterate the "being mean" thing, let me give an example:

Someone tries to gank you
    You kill them
    You say "Haha, fucking pathetic. Maybe you should learn to fight before trying to gank, moron"

I know a lot of people have a lofty opinion of interactions like this, but in a competitive game emotions run high and I wouldn't want anyone in my guild to get in trouble for something like that.

Uzik wrote:
    Someone tries to gank you
    You kill them
    You say "Haha, fucking pathetic. Maybe you should learn to fight before trying to gank, moron"
    That is not being mean, that is just enjoying a well deserved victory.

As long as nothing super hostile breaks out we don't care.

Currently Xsyon and Notorious Games are way to indie to even thinking about thinking about having a box.

Should the time come where they begin to grow big then I'm sure they will rethink things.

But, for now, it doesn't really matter.

Where is the racism line drawn? If it's refering to real life or if it's refering to peoples ingame characters?
    Brum, brum.

even if you are talking in character people may take it offensively. Personally I would not tolerate any form.