Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Influence

Game Influence

I'm wondering where this game pulls it's influences? Such as games or literature.

I really like what I have read so far and the picture I formed in my mind from the screen shots is similar to the movie The Postman(Which is a good one).

Re:Game Influence

You can't have watched many post apocolyptic films then
    Postman is like at the bottom of the list!

I can't think what inspired the setting. As it's post apocolyptic but as I see it the world has been revived into a sort of wonderful yet dangerous eden.
    Brum, brum.

Cradlejoe wrote:

I can't think what inspired the setting. As it's post apocolyptic but as I see it the world has been revived into a sort of wonderful yet dangerous eden.
    Great answer, keep up the good contribution.

It makes me think more of the future Earth in "The Time Machine" or even "Planet of the Apes." A setting in which technology has been forgotten and the Earth has reclaimed the land.

However, if I read correctly there are also undead roaming around, so that could be any number of zombie movies. :side:

By whicker at 2010-04-12

Leiros wrote:
    It makes me think more of the future Earth in "The Time Machine" or even "Planet of the Apes." A setting in which technology has been forgotten and the Earth has reclaimed the land.

However, if I read correctly there are also undead roaming around, so that could be any number of zombie movies. :side:
    The game also seem to have gods and magic of some sort, at least looking at the art work. However the game does have some feeling like Jeremiah had, like someone else already mentioned.

Considering the big lake in the middle of the map, the Indian threads, and the post apocalyptic setting, I figure it's a Postman/Waterworld/Dances With Wolves combo. The devs got a Kevin Costner fetish.

Or maybe its sort of a Rifts/Thundarr the Barbarian thing.

Grimskeggr wrote:
    Considering the big lake in the middle of the map, the Indian threads, and the post apocalyptic setting, I figure it's a Postman/Waterworld/Dances With Wolves combo. The devs got a Kevin Costner fetish.

Or maybe its sort of a Rifts/Thundarr the Barbarian thing.
    Xsyon:
    yes, I have a crush on Kevin Costner, the secret is out

Xyson's Apocalypse also reminds me a bit of "The Last Stand" from Steven King.

VowOfSilence wrote:
    Xyson's Apocalypse also reminds me a bit of "The Last Stand" from Steven King.
    Yeah, I read that years ago and have had nightmares with a similar setting. So yup, I can say that was an influence.

Cradlejoe wrote:

Postman is at the bottom of the list?? Why .. it was hated by so many... even waterworld was hated by so many

i LOVED themmm so i dont mind if the DEvs have a crush on Costi!