Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Development.

Development.

How long has this game been in development?

With an April 15th Launch date i was just curious.. especially considering i never heard about this game until today (thanks to a forum post on MMORPG)

Re:Development.

Stofio wrote:
    How long has this game been in development?

With an April 15th Launch date i was just curious.. especially considering i never heard about this game until today (thanks to a forum post on MMORPG)
    Virtus said 2 - 3 years in IRC a few days ago.

2-3 years since the first coding was placed. I think art work started a little before, maybe even a year before that.

quick replies, thanks,

2-3 years, seems kind of short.. but i guess with a small indie team, alot more work can get done!

yay i cant wait!

Xsyon Citizen

The original game documentation was produced about 10 years ago (according to a post xsyon made somewhere).

If memory serves, coding began in September 2007, though the majority of the games engine had already been completed as it had been created for another project.

Seeing the engine is the biggest time consuming post for creating an MMO, 2-3 years is more then enough time.

Yes, about 2 1/2 years in development though it took about 6 months to solidify the current team and a lot of the work during the first few months was scrapped.

The intial game was designed as "Apocalypse" over 10 years ago.

Hi,

Can I get a comfirmation, this is stated for release April next month, not next year. Correct?

Looks extremely promising!

Yes this year.

Very exciting!

Features look like something I've dreamed about. I really hoping it pulls off everything which is promised, would be a nice change for a MMO.