Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

is it just me, or do we need some mobs in the game

how can a game 2 months from release have no mobs? how are we surposed to test the game without mobs? i understand why there is 4-5 testers on the servers, without mobs its like waste of time...

yeah im new just bought the game, and is very disappointed, i do love all the ideas in the game tho, but it seems like this game is in alpha state, not beta and atleast like 1 year away from a release????

i do understand why some asks for a refund, i wont do that just yet, cause i want to backup games like this, but it disappoints me that the game in its current state is unplayable, unless you like to run around harvesting materials.

is there anything else to do in this game atm?

anyway GL with this game i think it will be awesome when its finished some day/year.

Re:is it just me, or do we need some mobs in the game

Mobs are in the game (see the screenshots on this site) they just aren't enabled yet in the version were are looking at, they are concentrating on getting any server problems (lag) sorted first.

lag comes with players, there is no players when their is no mobs??

They'll turn features on in stages once the are happy with the way the server is performing. I believe there should be an update soon to deal with the problems people have trying to get into the game (think it's todo with downloading all the terraforming changes timing out). Then hopefully features will start being turned on.

If this were open beta I can see the reason for complaining. However, since this is closed Beta it is understandable for the developers to turn on/off what they see fit to focus on what they prefer to test on.
    --~@ SONNE @~--~@ Treebeard @~--

Probably would have been a good idea to skim the forums prior to buying the game. That way you wouldn't be confused about the current state of the game.

Just because not enough people are playing now to cause lag doesn't mean that was the case a month or two ago. They uncovered an issue with threading or something in the server code that was serious enough to justify delaying things while they focused on fixing that.

The server is quiet now while because everyone has played with all the available features already and now we're waiting for the imminent update.

If you want to see what it can be like when features are enabled before the game's foundation is stable I suggest you go try Dawntide. What a mess that is right now.

I know cbowsin and I are on almost every night... and at least a couple of others. Just go to zone 211 and you'll be able to find people to talk to : P
    pid73 wrote:
    It's about smashing with a tank over a minicar and looting it's trunk.

prokop15 wrote:
    Cunk wrote:
    If you want to see what it can be like when features are enabled before the game's foundation is stable I suggest you go try Dawntide. What a mess that is right now.
    Why? That game, though incredibly complex and interconnected, looks extremely well thought-out. If they have the features rady, why not? They can work on the foundation while actually testing the game.
    Who's going to test those features if the game crashes every 10 or 20 minutes? Or you're constantly falling through the terrain? I put up with it for a night but it was too damn frustrating to go back.

prokop15 wrote:
    Cunk wrote:
    Why? That game, though incredibly complex and interconnected, looks extremely well thought-out. If they have the features rady, why not? They can work on the foundation while actually testing the game.
    Enabling everything at once before you get the basics working is like diving into a river infested with crocodiles after you've just caught malaria and gotten an arm lopped off.

It's hard to determine which is killing you the fastest

That's probably why it seems so quiet then, I'm 2 zones away with the rest of my guild