Thread: Stack Split

Stack Split

Now that the stack combining is working nicely, we need an stack split

Re:Stack Split

Most definitely.

As far as food go. Perhaps an option to eat (which consumes 1) and an option to eat stack?

:cheer:

Re:Stack Split

/signed

Unstacking items...

Hey Jookster,
    Not sure how far along on the code for unstacking items but though of a quick and easy way to handle it...
    Shift + Left Click Drag : Pulls One off a pile.
    Ctrl + Shift + Left Click Drag : Pulls Five off a pile.

*shrug* Just thought I'd suggest. :cheer:

Re: Unstacking items...

Shift+LMB = Drag 1 item
    Shift+RMB = Drag [X] item

Maybe better?

Right/Left Mouse Button

kiwibird wrote:
    Shift+LMB = Drag 1 item
    Shift+RMB = Drag [X] item

Maybe better?

Right/Left Mouse Button
    Good idea.

Most games just throw up a dialog with a slider that lets you select the amount to drag. Add a text field that has focus by default and it's as simple has SHIFT + drag (or whatever key/mouse combination), type a number and press ENTER, or just press ENTER for the default. Having actions for 1 or 5 (or X) items is clumsy and could get tiresome for larger stacks (perhaps chests or carts will allow bigger stacks than your back pack).

Only reason for the difference is if I want 1, I rather not have to type in a box to get 1 but if I want more, I want to get more just as easily as getting that one item.

Tiresome is having to push more buttons to get the same result and doing Shift+LMB+drag/drop ## is more tiresome than Shift+LMB+drag/drop when you only need 1 item to be separated. I hated Oblivions implementation of ALWAYS having to say the number you wanted, it was so annoying having to sit there and click to sell, click to confirm.

I'm sure I will step on toes saying this, but would anyone be clumsy to do a right instead of a left click? You can always change keys or actions.

I would stick to the "classic" number prompt too.

kiwibird wrote:
    Only reason for the difference is if I want 1, I rather not have to type in a box to get 1 but if I want more, I want to get more just as easily as getting that one item.

Tiresome is having to push more buttons to get the same result and doing Shift+LMB+drag/drop ## is more tiresome than Shift+LMB+drag/drop when you only need 1 item to be separated. I hated Oblivions implementation of ALWAYS having to say the number you wanted, it was so annoying having to sit there and click to sell, click to confirm.

I'm sure I will step on toes saying this, but would anyone be clumsy to do a right instead of a left click? You can always change keys or actions.
    Fair enough. I suppose it wouldn't be hard to use multiple mouse/key combos to implement all of the above. Drag for whole stack, SHIFT drag for 1 item, CTL drag for dialog with X items as the default.