Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Combat controls and forms?

Hello Xsyon community, I heard about this game only a few days ago and am totally astounded that I had not heard of it before.

This game seems to have the most ambitious list of amazing features I have seen in some time, however I do have a few questions that im sure the entire community would like to see answered.

1. What forms of combat are there in prelude and in the future?

For example, we have seen that there is melee type combat, will there be Ranged including but not limited to; Bows and crossbows, Guns and magic? and will there be mounted combat?

2. How does melee combat feel in game?

For example; is it a little slower and more tactical, with parrying, dodging and directional swings like Mount and Blade?

Or is it very fast and chaotic, with melee turning into who can sprint around their opponent the fastest and click the most times, like Darkfall?

3. How do Ranged and mounted combat (if they are in the game) feel?

For example could you compare them to another game? (Mount and Blade, Darkfall, Mortal Online or another game)

4. My fourth and final question regarding combat pertains to certain melee options and how the controls will work in combat.

What is the current control system for combat in the game? (Click to swing, parry buttons, dodging, equipping weapons etc) and will there be duel wielding?

Any light the developers can shed on this fairly important aspect if the game i'm sure would be greatly appreciated by all.

P.S Keep up the great work.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re:Combat controls and forms?

Sorry none of these questions can be answered by anyone but the Devs because currently it is still in house testing.

I had fully expected this, and in fact wrote the original post in the hopes that maybe one of the developers would like to, or be willing to, share some information on the topic.

As is seems the combat system is one of the components we know least about at the moment, and will, like in most MMORPG's probably play one of the largest roles in the game (along side the skill system and crafting etc) I figured that a little insight would be appreciated.

The lead was checking the forums every day and answering questions. Unfortunately over the weekend his computer decided it had enough of life. So now he has been delayed a few days and is trying ot catch up. This will in no way affect the release date.

However, i do recall that combat will be one of the things that will be heavily tweaked before and if needed after release.

Visitor

edaw22 wrote:
    Hello Xsyon community, I heard about this game only a few days ago and am totally astounded that I had not heard of it before.

This game seems to have the most ambitious list of amazing features I have seen in some time, however I do have a few questions that im sure the entire community would like to see answered.

1. What forms of combat are there in prelude and in the future?

For example, we have seen that there is melee type combat, will there be Ranged including but not limited to; Bows and crossbows, Guns and magic? and will there be mounted combat?

2. How does melee combat feel in game?

For example; is it a little slower and more tactical, with parrying, dodging and directional swings like Mount and Blade?

Or is it very fast and chaotic, with melee turning into who can sprint around their opponent the fastest and click the most times, like Darkfall?

3. How do Ranged and mounted combat (if they are in the game) feel?

For example could you compare them to another game? (Mount and Blade, Darkfall, Mortal Online or another game)

4. My fourth and final question regarding combat pertains to certain melee options and how the controls will work in combat.

What is the current control system for combat in the game? (Click to swing, parry buttons, dodging, equipping weapons etc) and will there be duel wielding?

Any light the developers can shed on this fairly important aspect if the game i'm sure would be greatly appreciated by all.

P.S Keep up the great work.
    I think the answers to these questions would definetly make or break the game. I'm hoping some gameplay videos can clear up some of these questions too, but we really wouldn't know how it feels until we get to play. Some gameplay videos would be nice. *hint**hint*

Yeah, Im pretty much thinking the same thing.

If melee combat is anything like mount and blade ill be overjoyed, however if it turns out to be any kind of auto targeting, or circle jerking (Darkfall) then I will definitely rethink whether i even want to try it out.

As far as the question of Mounted combat and Ranged combat, surely it would be quite obvious at this point in development whether they will be in the game or not, being such large section of the combat system.

Which is why I figured, at least on the point of whether ranged/mounted combat are in the game, we would be able to get a simple yes or no. However it seems there are extenuating circumstances and we will just have to wait for the video.

edaw22 wrote:
    Yeah, Im pretty much thinking the same thing.

If melee combat is anything like mount and blade ill be overjoyed, however if it turns out to be any kind of auto targeting, or circle jerking (Darkfall) then I will definitely rethink whether i even want to try it out.

As far as the question of Mounted combat and Ranged combat, surely it would be quite obvious at this point in development whether they will be in the game or not, being such large section of the combat system.

Which is why I figured, at least on the point of whether ranged/mounted combat are in the game, we would be able to get a simple yes or no. However it seems there are extenuating circumstances and we will just have to wait for the video.
    100% sure there is ranged combat.

Im not sure about mounted combat at all. I doubt it because you dont see anything on it, and like you said it would be a well known thing.

I do know they some stuff the devs are not releasing, that will likely be in the game we didnt even know about.
    MrDDT

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu

Wanna give me a link as to how you know there is Ranged?

I havent seen any screens that suggest it

edaw22 wrote:
    Wanna give me a link as to how you know there is Ranged?

I havent seen any screens that suggest it
    Because there will be. =P

I will try to find a link or something. I know its true though =P
    MrDDT

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu

one thing is sure there will be guns after prelude! Check the artwork.