Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autorun

Autorun

Is there any chance to turn off autorun after my energy has gone to zero? Whey my energy drops, I go afk sometimes, come back and autorun picks up again when I have enough energy to run again and Im back down to zero again or off in some area away from where I wanted to be. I then have to wait again for my energy to build up to get get back to where I wanted to be just to wait for my energy to build up again so that I can continue to do what I left off at.

Easy fix ofcourse, yes would be to not use autorun, but while scavenging, I typically just autorun, scavenge, go forward until "you cant find anything usefull" clears and hit scavenge again. It just seems to make things go a bit faster.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Re:Autorun

Only takes like 10m before you can scavenge again. Which is like holding down the W key for 4-5 seconds. Probably shorter as run skill increases. If they make it an option then sure, but I like how autorun continues as soon as some energy recovers. Works wonders for swimming across the lake or carrying heavy loads across long distances.

you can toggle the movement mode. Default is bind to r I believe. This way if you go afk you can just walk to your death, instead of run

I think what he's saying is that he autoruns while scavenging, hitting a bound key to scavenge every so often. When he runs out of energy his guy bends over and starts wheezing. At that point he wants to be able to go AFK (or maybe browse the web, whatever) while his guy recovers his energy. But because he is still stuck in autorun mode (you can't turn it off once you start wheezing) his guy will immediately start running again once he recovers enough energy. So when he comes back from being AFK or browsing or whatever his guy will not have recovered. If autorun disabled as soon as you started wheezing then he could count on his guy being fully recovered when he toggles back to Xsyon.

Cunk wrote:
    At that point he wants to be able to go AFK (or maybe browse the web, whatever) while his guy recovers his energy.
    but in order to scavenge every few seconds he would have to be in-game pressing the scavenge button, which he would clearly know when to stop and take a breather....

cbowsin wrote:
    Cunk wrote:
    At that point he wants to be able to go AFK (or maybe browse the web, whatever) while his guy recovers his energy.
    but in order to scavenge every few seconds he would have to be in-game pressing the scavenge button, which he would clearly know when to stop and take a breather....
    Not really. You have to be watching your energy bar closely for that. If you're autorunning and pressing a scavenge key every now and then you're not necessarily paying close attention to that bar. I wind up wheezing in the middle of scavenge actions all the time.

I'm not saying his idea is worth the change. I just wait until my guy stops wheezing, stop his autorun, and then go do something while I wait.

Cunk wrote:
    I wind up wheezing in the middle of scavenge actions all the time.
    (A bit off topic)

I realized this too, today. I had thought it was fixed at first, as stam drain had been decreased severely, was a tad disappointed to see it still drained while scavenging.

However, with the changes to stam drain, it's hardly as intrusive and annoying as it used to be, and I can live with the current way. It does make a bit of sense that you're using stam to scavenge.

I'll still like to see you gain stam while fishing. Fishing is leisure.

The stamina drains will be counteracted by bonuses derived from cooked food. Cooking was almost ready but I put it on pause to get this build up and I've been dealing with 100 other things since then.

Cunk wrote:
    I think what he's saying is that he autoruns while scavenging, hitting a bound key to scavenge every so often. When he runs out of energy his guy bends over and starts wheezing. At that point he wants to be able to go AFK (or maybe browse the web, whatever) while his guy recovers his energy. But because he is still stuck in autorun mode (you can't turn it off once you start wheezing) his guy will immediately start running again once he recovers enough energy. So when he comes back from being AFK or browsing or whatever his guy will not have recovered. If autorun disabled as soon as you started wheezing then he could count on his guy being fully recovered when he toggles back to Xsyon.
    This is exactly what I mean. When I get back from afk, it would be nice to be fully rested and in the same location as where I left off. Autorun cannot be turned off by me once I start to wheez so when I regain energy enough to start moving again my toon runs off.

Yeah, I guess I dont pay much attention to whats going on, I should be monitoring my energy and toggle autorun off by myself, but typically when Im scavenging I am watching tv cause you have to admit, its not the most exiting task in the game. So its pretty much rinse repeat kind of thing and I dont realize Im out of energy before its too late.