Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logs stacking

Logs stacking

Had a log stack itself in the air. Had 5 along the bottom, it wouldnt let me stack from the far end, in the end it let me stack 1 1 from the end that expands. then next one went above the middle log but was an extra log high (see attached)

Re: Logs stacking

Guess attaching files doesnt work so my amazing diagram to show how it ended up:

L
    L
    LLLLL

Was that how the stack created itself when you cut the tree, or were you manually stacking logs?

Nails wrote:
    Guess attaching files doesnt work so ...
    Are u trying to attach a picture image, or a video link?
    If picture image, the image should be a JPEG and 800x800. Not more.

Then type the file name, after that click on --> [[img] button, at the buttom of your text window and it will put a link "[[img/]" in your text window where the image would be. Then click submit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCMEy3m_fKo

Re:Logs stacking

Heh just noticed the forum removed the spaces I put before my log diagram, they aren't in a nice stack as it shows it.

This was manually stacking it.

Will reupload the pic then when I get home.

Nails wrote:
    Guess attaching files doesnt work so my amazing diagram to show how it ended up:

L
    L
    LLLLL

****L
    **L
    LLLLL

You mean this?

Is the way logs stack really something to be considered as a bug and worth a developer's time changing? Sure it might be frustrating if you're trying to mess around with making these faux structures while we wait for real structures to be added but once those are in log piles will go back to being simply log piles and no one will care how they line up.

Cunk wrote:
    Is the way logs stack really something to be considered as a bug and worth a developer's time changing? Sure it might be frustrating if you're trying to mess around with making these faux structures while we wait for real structures to be added but once those are in log piles will go back to being simply log piles and no one will care how they line up.
    Lol. Watch the video carefully, specially at the end. There is a reason why the video stopped showing. Lol.

And its not a faux structure

joexxxz wrote:
    Cunk wrote:
    Lol. Watch the video carefully, specially at the end. There is a reason why the video stopped showing. Lol.
    I'm not seeing anything unusual. Care to point it out?

It certainly is. This is not how buildings and housing will be made. You do realize anyone can come along and pluck your structure apart, right?

So unless Jordi has been inspired by some of the log structures that people have been making and he's been working on a way to make them permanent and more feasible (e.g. a better method for assembling them) then expect housing to consist of the static meshes shown in the screen shots.

Cunk wrote:
    It certainly is. This is not how buildings and housing will be made. You do realize anyone can come along and pluck your structure apart, right?

So unless Jordi has been inspired by some of the log structures that people have been making and he's been working on a way to make them permanent and more feasible (e.g. a better method for assembling them) then expect housing to consist of the static meshes shown in the screen shots.

Stacking logs is a very real way to create a structure. Just because they are easily destroyed or that something better could come along didn’t stop the pioneers. It doesn’t stop people even today from using them.

Even if we do get prefabricated housing for the tribe area I still think it would be cool to have a log cabin on a mountain side somewhere. I see nothing faux about them.