1 big world vs. several smaller worlds

Virtus wrote:
    As Xsyon grows diffrent regions around the world will open up. I'm not 100% sure but I believe each culture will have access to otehr cultures so Someone from Africa could get to america and share religions and cultures and technologies.
    Hm... what do you guys think about that? Quite frankly, I don't really like the idea of chopping the game world into small pieces and teleporting from america to africa. I'd prefer traveling in 1 big game world without loading screens and stuff...

And what's up with cultures, anyway? I thought culture is all gone? At least that's how it should be imo.

Virtus wrote:
    Don't quote me on that but I think i remember reading that.
    oops :>

Re:1 big world vs. several smaller worlds

Hehe.

True, culture will be gone but it will come back again. One group will spread into many and they will form their own ways.

Again speaking hypothetically to a point...

In the different regions different items would be found such as weapons shrines, religious artifacts, animals.

If you think back to the the 11-12 hundreds in Europe spices were a very prized item because they had to go to china and other Asian regions.

I do not know how the traveling would be handled, Xsyon said recently in a post somewhere the regions would be on different servers but connected.

Virtus wrote:
    If you think back to the the 11-12 hundreds in Europe spices were a very prized item because they had to go to china and other Asian regions.

I do not know how the traveling would be handled, Xsyon said recently in a post somewhere the regions would be on different servers but connected.
    This is starting to sound like an anthropology experiment. :laugh:

So with inter-server trade the "world economy" would not be limited to a single game server? That's pretty cool.

By whicker at 2010-04-12

from the way Xsyon was talking, no I don't think so. Of course i could be way out in left field on this one.

To me focus on one area first, then later if we can do that cool.

But make sure we have the core world small and working well. Make sure econ works well there too.

I totally want to see a very very working econ like EVE has only in this type of setting.
    MrDDT

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu

I also hope they can avoid instanced zones and loading times. That kind of stuff really hurts the immersion factor.

the individual playing area will not have instances