Thread: complete level

complete level

HellooI found this game on mmorpg.com
    I preordered now. How could you hide such a strong feature game from public and why??

My question. How many features will be rdy by april launch date in the prelude?

thx

Re:complete level

Imhotep wrote:
    HellooI found this game on mmorpg.com
    I preordered now. How could you hide such a strong feature game from public and why??

My question. How many features will be rdy by april launch date in the prelude?

thx
    All beside evolution (Last last one on the list). He only put features on the list that are at least 80% complete.

are you kidding?
    all features will be in by the release date? Such a deep sandbox game everyone is waiting for and you will go public a month before going gold? It doesnt make sense to me sry. There has to be something, you know. Some catch. Becouse you know It sounds soo perfect, that it cant be true.. that is my feelings right now

Imhotep wrote:
    are you kidding?
    all features will be in by the release date? Such a deep sandbox game everyone is waiting for and you will go public a month before going gold? It doesnt make sense to me sry. There has to be something, you know. Some catch. Becouse you know It sounds soo perfect, that it cant be true.. that is my feelings right now
    It's actually a very smart marketing tactic. There's no NDA for Prelude and once people start playing and telling their friends about the game Xsyon's sales may sky rocket.

Xsyon has stated that he didn't want to even announce the game until it was ready to play. I'd prefer that to other companies that hype up their games years in advance and then can't deliver.

By whicker at 2010-04-12

Imhotep wrote:
    are you kidding?
    Because we have such a good experience with companies releasing information YEARS before they release the game. :huh:

Yeah, I like their straight forward appraoch to marketing the game. Get people who will actually want to play for a long time to play as they are more likely to enjoy it and then they'll spread the word themselves.

But I feel that this is only available to companies who have the money to keep going until release date with no extra income.
    Brum, brum.

I think the key thought behind the idea is that he wanted to build what HE wanted, then get ideas from the public.

Im just glad he wants mostly want I want. A sandbox MMO.

I wish there were not going to be guns or old cars laying around but hey, Im loving everything else.
    MrDDT

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu