Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Where are the Videos?

Whether exists gameplay video?

Note from Virtus: Adding Xsyon's comments about why no Video

Xsyon
    At this point, the plan is to let players make gameplay videos, for several reasons.

1) Saves us time. We're a small team and right now the main concerns are to keep improving the game features, ironing out bugs and get you guys playing.

2) It probably sounds strange, but we don't want or need more hype. We're building a nice small community right now and that's exactly what we want for the Prelude.

3) As mentioned above, a developer made video might not reflect real gameplay. I think it's just inevitable if I turn some artists loose on making game videos they will make them as nice as possible and we do have flexible camera views to do so. Also, we are more familiar with the game.

Player made videos are good in my opinion as they will reflect more what the first time player sees.

once we get the SpeedTree upgrade fully integrated we plan to release more screenshots, let people release videos etc.

A problem with this SpeedTree upgrade is that it required us to upgrade all tree models. Rather than use trees from the SpeedTree libraries, we've had to create our own trees for the most part (We're using only trees that exist in the Tahoe Basin).

We've been temporarily testing with SpeedTree library trees, but they are way off, and we're not going to release any screenshots with the temporary trees in.

If you want to wait to pre-order, that's no problem. We prefer to start off small and add players over time, rather than start off big.

Re:Video

Not yet but soon.

Palo god wrote:
    Not yet but soon.
    Soon couldnt be soon enough, I so cant wait.
    MrDDT

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu

Stickying for all to see instead of having 500 of these posts.

A video will come out soon. Right now the Devs are more concerned about the coding and tweaking everything for release.

Virtus wrote:

A video will come out soon. Right now the Devs are more concerned about the coding and tweaking everything for release.
    Good. As apparent from Darkfall, a video isn't everything. I'd rather have a great game than an awesome preview video.

Uzik wrote:
    Virtus wrote:

Good. As apparent from Darkfall, a video isn't everything. I'd rather have a great game than an awesome preview video.

preview video is shit but a gameplay video and a pvp one is a must

warzenkai wrote:
    Uzik wrote:
    Virtus wrote:

preview video is shit but a gameplay video and a pvp one is a must
    The chance of ever getting a truly honest video from the developers of a game are slim.

They'd never release anything that didn't look absolutely perfect, and then it'll get to a point where they waste time and tailor shit to make the video look awesome.

I say wait until beta vids start coming out.

sooo lets see...you REALLY want a video of in game ASAP, HOWEVER, we can't show you one because it will be edited and modified

:silly:

Virtus wrote:
    sooo lets see...you REALLY want a video of in game ASAP, HOWEVER, we can't show you one because it will be edited and modified

why an edited video? i dont understand why they cant make a 3 minute gameplay video with exact the gameplay and no editing.people need to see at last a gameplay movie made with this game in order to buy it.

warzenkai wrote:
    Virtus wrote:

why an edited video? i dont understand why they cant make a 3 minute gameplay video with exact the gameplay and no editing.people need to see at last a gameplay movie made with this game in order to buy it.
    My point is that no game company will willingly release a video of their game unless that video is flawless.

Just be patient and wait until there are testers and no NDA.