Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Terraforming - trap hole

I was playing around with terraforming yesterday and I dug a realy deep hole 3 tiles long then i went to the edge and raised it until I was out. So I was wondering if someone without a shovel jumped in there wouldnt they be stuck for ever? Unless someone else dug them out.

Re:Terraforming - trap hole

everyone can get out of terra holes you just have to angle yourself right...

Risk wrote:
    everyone can get out of terra holes you just have to angle yourself right...
    I hope this "exploit" will be dealth with :-)

Well, it just that when you angle yourself, the slope you are climbing is not as steep, however you have to travel a further distance to reach the same height.

what if its strait up and down, Ive made a terra wall I couldnt climb.

myeadon wrote:
    what if its strait up and down, Ive made a terra wall I couldnt climb.
    Not sure what you mean by "straight up and down" but i'm not aware of any slope that can't be climbed by angling yourself across it.

Personally I'd prefer it didn't work this way. I'd like to see you slide down steep slopes (maybe with a threshold that is determined by a climbing skill). And the only way to avoid that is to climb.

As it is now the map is too accessible. You can essentially march in a straight line to anywhere you want, only making small adjustments to angle your climb across steep slopes. But that is a minor inconvenience. If the map was harder to navigate it would make tribe placement a little more interesting. You could choose areas that have to be approached by narrow passes or might be hard to find altogether.

Ya cunk, I agree with you on that.

The plan is to make steep slopes impassible, but if your player is stuck in a put or similar situation you will get the option to teleport back to your home base.

Xsyon wrote:
    The plan is to make steep slopes impassible, but if your player is stuck in a put or similar situation you will get the option to teleport back to your home base.
    Hmm, that sounds exploitable. It could be used intentionally to escape a dangerous situation or to transport goods safely and easily.

But I realize we can't have players getting trapped in holes with no way to get out. Maybe instead of the teleport option have some sort of climbing mode that gives the player a means to get out on his own but with a severe movement penalty and the chance of slipping again. Or add a mechanism that allows players to pull each other (requiring both players to cooperate to prevent griefing). And if there is going to be rope in the game maybe by having that on you it could increase your reach.

I'm happy to hear you're planning to make steep slopes impassable though. That should make things a lot more interesting.

it will plrobly take a certain amount of time to teleport so you couldnt use it in a dangerous situation.