Questions on PvP and Loot

I decided to check out this game recently. It looks good but the feature list is pretty vague.

I have two questions:

The first, from what I gathered so far PvP will be completely open except for in towns during the "Early Prelude" I assume this means that in the beginning, the setting of the game will be directly after the cause of this anarchic state, and until players start developing cities and communities, NPCs will run safe zones. Is this true? If not, can you explain?

The second, how will looting other players work? Is it only their inventory, a certain amount of items will drop, or something else?

Thanks.
    I'm sorry, but if you can't go to your house and have sex with your dog, the game cannot be considered a real sandbox.
    -Lachrymose

Re:Questions on PvP and Loot

There are no NPCs in Xsyon (apart of the animals). Players can form tribes, and tribes can claim territory by the tribe totem. The more members a tribe has the bigger their territory will be. These tribe territories will be safe zones during early Prelude.

About PvP consequences and looting system, check this thread:
    http://xsyon.com/forums/28-features/...-decisions#232

from what i understand you cant attack tribe settlements in prelude. The whole NPC in the future (guards) will be subject to discussion probably and will not be part of prelude.

The looting iirc is tied to alignment and area of death. It might be timer-based and it has been said that fully looting would not be convenient due to weight.
    S![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No full looting due to weight? What nonsense - You can just share the persons loot out amongst the victors!

Full loot is what gives Eve, Darkfall and Mortal Online the edge over other MMOs. Death has no meaning with no full loot. We shouted and shouted for full loot in RV.

Are we definite that there is no full loot in this?

There is full and partial loot depending on he combat mode (this is a bit hazy since we have yet ot see it in action)

What Revkha meant was that completely looting someone might not be very wise since if you tried to take all of their items it would weigh you down to the point that you would move very slowly and be a sitting duck (if you were solo).

Revkha also meant to say that looting is timer based. After about 30 seconds or so the body disappears.