Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A few questions before I pre-order

Hey, I've come across this game and it seems to definately have a lot of potential and it's the kind of game I think I would enjoy a lot. I was especially surprised when I saw a video of someone making roads, and I think it's great to be able to build buildings/villages rather than just take control of ones that have already been made (like in Darkfall).

Before I preorder, I have a few questions.

1. By the look of the videos, the people seem to be wearing hats and such and it looks like a game set in the 1960's or 70's. Right now in "early access", what time is it set in and what kinds of weapons are there? Swords and bows, or guns?

2. I havn't been able to see much combat, so I have to ask. Is the combat like WoW, or like Darkfall? Basically, do you aim your attacks, or do you simply let your character automatically attack while you use special abilities perhaps (like WoW)?

3. Are there a fair number of newly joined players, or will I be one of a very few? I ask mainly because, partly the reason of joining this game is that I want to create a very powerful tribe, and not be just another clueless player when the game fully releases. I want to know a lot about the game and be able to create a big clan with a lot of friends that I make in this game, and be very powerful.

Thank you if anyone can answer these questions I am ready to order now, I just really want to know about those three questions first. Thanks

EDIT: Ah, almost forgot. Is there one big server, or multiple smaller servers? And if it's one big server, is the server located in Europe or NA? I live in Europe so I'd rathr not play in lag. Thanks again

Re:A few questions before I pre-order

Jadsta wrote:
    EDIT: Ah, almost forgot. Is there one big server, or multiple smaller servers? And if it's one big server, is the server located in Europe or NA? I live in Europe so I'd rathr not play in lag. Thanks again
    Hey Jadsta, the other questions should perhaps be answered by others, more trained in the actual options of the game, but concerning lag I can tell: I'm living in Europe too and can play the game very fluid. The lags we have had in early time have got patched away by Jordis team

Concerning weapons: There are no guns, but axes, knifes, clubs, etc, bows perhaps later as far as I know.

Concerning the way of fighting: There is something like a combat mode you have to get into, and then you have to aim, move and mouse-left or -right-click. There is no automatic attack like against some mobs in other games.

Cheers.

Ok nice, thanks for answering that question

Jadsta wrote:
    Ok nice, thanks for answering that question
    yeah lol. sorry, while reading I realised I can tell something to the others too .

Jadsta wrote:
    Hey, I've come across this game and it seems to definately have a lot of potential and it's the kind of game I think I would enjoy a lot. I was especially surprised when I saw a video of someone making roads, and I think it's great to be able to build buildings/villages rather than just take control of ones that have already been made (like in Darkfall).

Before I preorder, I have a few questions.

1. By the look of the videos, the people seem to be wearing hats and such and it looks like a game set in the 1960's or 70's. Right now in "early access", what time is it set in and what kinds of weapons are there? Swords and bows, or guns?

2. I havn't been able to see much combat, so I have to ask. Is the combat like WoW, or like Darkfall? Basically, do you aim your attacks, or do you simply let your character automatically attack while you use special abilities perhaps (like WoW)?

3. Are there a fair number of newly joined players, or will I be one of a very few? I ask mainly because, partly the reason of joining this game is that I want to create a very powerful tribe, and not be just another clueless player when the game fully releases. I want to know a lot about the game and be able to create a big clan with a lot of friends that I make in this game, and be very powerful.

Thank you if anyone can answer these questions I am ready to order now, I just really want to know about those three questions first. Thanks

1. I recommend you to read the Home page, it explains the setting pretty well, the game plays after 2012, after and during an apocalypse which destroyed modern technology and modern weapons.

2. I haven't played Darkfall, so I can't tell if combat is like there, but you have to aim and there is no automatic attack.

3. The game is currently in beta testing, and new players are joining every day, not all of the features are switched on yet so you can learn everything fast and easily. The playerbase is friendly and helpful, you will find people to answer your questions. Don't forget that the chat ingame is based on hearing range, so if noone answers it may mean that noone heard your shout.

4. I'm in Europe too, never had any problem with lag caused by distance...if there had been lag then everyone experienced it, it was on the server side, but the devs keep a close eye on server issues and worked out most of the reasons which caused lags.

Thanks for answering the questions too We have close to the same name xD When I saw your name I was thinking it was me for a second hehe

Gonna pre-order now

Hehe thanks for answering about the weapons too

Jadsta wrote:
    Thanks for answering the questions too We have close to the same name xD When I saw your name I was thinking it was me for a second hehe

Gonna pre-order now
    Yeah your name confused me too

Hello, The game as far as combat goes? Yes it is like Darkfall, You have to aim.You don't lock on and set there.
    As suggested,Read the game overview it explains alot.Even though the game is still in Beta/Development it is a blast! New things are going to be turned on soon.
    Also if you decide to buy it you should chose the name you want to be known by as your username. This will ensure no one else can use that name in game,It is a wonderful feature

Ah that's good to know, thanks And yeah that seems like a nice feature! I'll be called Jadsta anyway so my username is the same and that's good