Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1

    Xsyon will have magic!

    Got this from the home page:
    With the disruption of the planet, ancient gods awake to once again exert their powers over the earth. The lords of nature have revived the wastelands, eradicating and subverting the remnants of modern technology. Creatures of mutation and mythology now populate the land. The ways of swords and sorcery have replaced the path of science and progress.
    Looks like axes and knives won't be the only thing we will be using in fights. Can I get confirmation on this?

    And if there is going to be magic, please make sure it doesn't turn into an unskilled AOE nukefest like Darkfall.

  2. #2
    Visitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Levittown, PA (EST)
    Posts
    61

    Re:Xsyon will have magic!

    Derek wrote:
    And if there is going to be magic, please make sure it doesn't turn into an unskilled AOE nukefest like Darkfall.
    I think thats kind of my fear with all sandboxes now. Darkfall has no skill caps and on top of that, to even be viable in any kind of way, you have to do all three (melee, archery & magic) and I really hope that Xsyon does not follow that path. Its one of my main reasons for not playing Darkfall.

    Didn't much care for magic in Darkfall.

  3. #3

    Re:Xsyon will have magic!

    There is no magic in the Prelude. This is a planned evolution as the world expands.

  4. #4

    Re:Xsyon will have magic!

    yeah in the artwork gallery you can see staves and wands

  5. #5

    Re:Xsyon will have magic!

    Will we perhaps have cross overs between the technology? like guns that are operated by magic perhaps?
    Brum, brum.

  6. #6

    Re:Xsyon will have magic!

    It makes sense that magic wouldn't be in the prelude. However, I could definitely see magic entering the game as villages start to form old religions etc..

    It will be interesting to see how magic fares against firearms once both are discovered in the game.

    By whicker at 2010-04-12

  7. #7

    Re:Xsyon will have magic!

    Leiros wrote:
    It makes sense that magic wouldn't be in the prelude. However, I could definitely see magic entering the game as villages start to form old religions etc..

    It will be interesting to see how magic fares against firearms once both are discovered in the game.
    Just gave me the thought that magic is gained through devotion to a god and gods look down on fire arms and so you can't have both, you have to choose between one or the other.
    Brum, brum.

  8. #8

    Re:Xsyon will have magic!

    bows and ranged combat is a must but magic i hope we wont have

  9. #9

    Re:Xsyon will have magic!

    warzenkai wrote:
    bows and ranged combat is a must but magic i hope we wont have
    Same here. I hope magic will be something really rare and mysterious. I don't want to see players spamming spells all over the place in a setting like this...

  10. #10

    Re:Xsyon will have magic!

    Cradlejoe wrote:
    Leiros wrote:
    It makes sense that magic wouldn't be in the prelude. However, I could definitely see magic entering the game as villages start to form old religions etc..

    It will be interesting to see how magic fares against firearms once both are discovered in the game.
    Just gave me the thought that magic is gained through devotion to a god and gods look down on fire arms and so you can't have both, you have to choose between one or the other.
    Yeah, it's like the classic "science vs faith" issue. I could see this going either way with either a sort of Dark Age where religion and magic flourish, or a technological age where guns and machinery thrive. Perhaps followers of both sides will be at war? Only time will tell.

    By whicker at 2010-04-12

Similar Threads

  1. phone and preordering?
    By eikona in forum Developer Zone Archive
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 09:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •