Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QUEUE ; QUEUING

QUEUE ; QUEUING

For example: When i gather grass, i have to click each time to gather grass. Would be nice if queuing would be implemented. So just by clicking 4 times on grass in resource window, will queue the gather, up to 4. And the character would gather grass 4 times...
    What do u guys think about that???

Samething for scrap metal, scrap leather and so on...

Re: QUEUE ; QUEUING

I think its a good idea in practise, but would need to have a greater "energy drain", if for nothing else but to detract from macro abuse.

kiwibird wrote:
    I think its a good idea in practice, but would need to have a greater "energy drain", if for nothing else but to detract from macro abuse.
    Macroing is... Clicking four times and then going to get a drink?
    This is a great idea, keep it as it is. A four-queue limit would be great for every skill.

for certain things it would be good, and as for energy drain, just allow it to take the same amount with each action.

However, allow the queuing to only be for certain things like water and resources.

Re:QUEUE ; QUEUING

yeah, I always find it weird that I have to click to drink so many times, I figured my character would drink either until full or I stop him drinking.

Did anyone of u played C&C??? Ya its the same thing. When you click on "soldier" once, it will produce it once, click 4 times, it will queue the production for 4 times.

I don't think its a macro or anything like that :S

The idea isn't that the queue itself is the macro, but that it makes it easier for macro use.

For example, if the game automates actions for the player as the queue would, a macro can send X amount of requests on repeat without having to script a 'wait' period.

Simply put it removes one aspect a macro creator needs to focus about.

I would love to see EVERY possible macro block put into the game... what is the reason someone would macro a social game? That just makes no sense to me, I hope that this kind of behavior is not tolerated at all. Zero chance if caught macro'ing. This leads to hacks, cheats, exploiters, and we all know it goes on and on from there.

kiwibird wrote:
    The idea isn't that the queue itself is the macro, but that it makes it easier for macro use.

For example, if the game automates actions for the player as the queue would, a macro can send X amount of requests on repeat without having to script a 'wait' period.

Simply put it removes one aspect a macro creator needs to focus about.
    Well is there is away to know if the input is from human, or from a macro?

Yes but there is still ways around it. For example, when you use a macro, mouse movements are goto "x/y" coords, where as a human moves the mouse over x/y coords before they get to the desired location.

There are currently methods in place to prevent macoring but do not know to what extent they go to.