Castle of the Winds?

Does anyone here remember a game called Castle of the Winds? It was a game made back in windows 3.1x days.

Well I again got the overwhelming desire to play the game again, alas to find that it can't work on 64bit systems!

Well today I found dosbox (had it for sometime to be honest, but mostly used it for my mother who had a few games she liked). And dang, I had to buy Windows 3.11, you believe it, they still want money from the freaking dos version of windows!

But anyways... I got Castle of the Winds working! Anyone still remember that game?
    We have cool new forums... Y~A~Y

Re:Castle of the Winds?

Would u be kind to post some pics... Never played that game... :dry:

There are many pictures within google, visit one of the fan sites to the game (yes even after this amount of time (late 80s) at "The temple of Odin"

Found Dosbox a few months back, but rediscovered it a few weeks back, gotta love Ascendancy! (And Magic Carpet)

Can always remember Dune, but I could never understand how to play it, got into it again, but got bored of it lol.

Nails wrote:
    ...[G]otta love Ascendancy!
    Wow, I can't stop playing this game! I know its years old now, but dang, I love it lol!

Does anyone know what that newer game is called (released back in 2000's iirc - the same people that does skins or something for windows, but I cant recall what they call themselves)?

Dude, I remember playing CoW. Just got addicted to it for like 2hrs... Took forever though to get back into the groove of it. Died so many times in the first 2 levels. What fun
    And on the pedestal these words appear:
    "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
    Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
    Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
    Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
    The lone and level sands stretch far away.