Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Portable storage containers - varry the slots

One thing that came as a sad discovery is that the three (that I have found at least) portable storage containers are all the same size. For example Welmeti Storage Bin, Wasoe Storage Bin are excatly the same slots.

My suggestion would be that Welmeti and Poahoa (not a real object) make the best of one item, Someone (I call Welmeti a person - not sure why), else does the best of the X item, and so on and so forth.

I can see why they all have the same slots, but I think at least in my view, varied slots seem better than static slots with different looks.

What's your view?

Xsyon Citizen

Re:Portable storage containers - varry the slots

Well the Hugaleti Gift Basket is 20 slots and the Washoe Gift Basket is 35 slots. But I kind of like having the bins all be the same size inside, with different outsides. Makes it easier to group stuff.

As we have no stats for any items I'm just assuming that the different set names will be different in different areas (eg 1 set might let you run faster than others etc), I'm also hoping that there is no such thing as 'the best armour' as that would make everything else worthless. Hopefully everything is useful. On that note I agree that the different bin types should be different, an idea might be to combine number of slots, max stack size (maybe different bins could add -2 to +2 to the current max stack size), also you could make some bins types lockable, and others not.

Nails wrote:
    ... also you could make some bins types lockable, and others not.
    Personally i think, all baskets that made from weak material, shouldn't be able to lock. And if it locks, then just carrying a set of tools (heavy pliers) and being strong should take 3 or 5 mins to brake the lock.

break the lock... no, break the container... sure.

kiwibird wrote:
    Break the container?? what good is that ?? if the container is broken can i still use it???

And can all keys, be a combination key, total combination 8 bits (0-255)

Why would you mess with the lock when the container for all intense and purposes is much easier to get into than the actual lock?

And second, breaking a lock (to me) means trying to a hack saw, not trying to lockpick it.

joexxxz wrote:
    kiwibird wrote:
    Break the container?? what good is that ?? if the container is broken can i still use it???

And can all keys, be a combination key, total combination 8 bits (0-255)

hey joe, nice keys, but I guess your 256er is wrong.
    old numbercruncher assembler geek Snake B) sees that you're using one bit for every 2er potency, and because 256 = 2^8 what you showed for 256 is in fact the combination for 255 = 2^8-1, 256 would be one single bit at the next position

Realistically container + knife = open or lock + tools = open

But also realistically I would guard my stuff much better than I can in game. Even if I was off hunting, someone would be around to look after things. I say game mechanics should make up for the discrepancy between how I would guard my stuff really and the way it works in game by making most/ some containers safe storage.

5 to 10 minutes to break in to my stuff means nothing if I am not logged in.

Paradox wrote:
    .... 5 to 10 minutes to break in to my stuff means nothing if I am not logged in.
    Right now its takes 3-grass to make a storage bin, and it takes about 30 seconds maximum. In that case it should take someone about 15 min to break into the container with proper tools.

If there can be a better container made from steel, and it will take more effort than grass storage bin, then yes, it should take more time to brake into the container. Its all about balance.

Another thing, you can also add more locks to your bin, let say 4 or 5. Now it takes about an hour to get into your container.