Thread: Grass Plates

Grass Plates

Morning all together,

I thought it now should be time after hanging around most days to build some stuff. So I started with basketry today. A great compliment for the implementation of those container-system, very useful and nice to have, though it's a bit funny to store an axe in a pouch B) But that's pretty okay, now I can enjoy the sun because I have nothing to carry on my shoulders

But, problem I've got with plates. I constructed light and heavy grass plates, dropped them on the left side of the inventory, no message was shown, and they were gone. Did this two times, logged off and on, did the sweater off (thought their texture could be covered perhaps), no result.
    It may be that I do not understand all things (I often have to search in my dictionary for some words lol) but shouldn't they appear on my shoulders or so?
    I've looked into the logfiles, nothing interesting in there.

Cheers, Snake.

Re:Grass Plates

Hi. Not sure where your grass plates went. My basktry guy made a lot last night and its in the container/backpack. If you made pouches or other containers, it may or may not auto dropped in there. No idea on where your missing grassplates went. Only other thing I can think of is the "blackhole" bug. If you put any item in a container/pouch, backpack, one of the inventory slot may be bugged. It will vanish if you put it in that iventory slot/hole.
    If you did drop it on ground it would had asked you for a confirmation, do you want to discard this? The only time it wont ask you is when you drop containers or logs or scrap metal/cloth/leather/plastic and couple of other things.
    Things that are in your inventory usually will ask for a confirmation, on discarding an item. Or bugged/lag. Anways hope you find it or figure out what happen.

You didnt had any containers on u, but u clicked on the bag in your inventory slot, and it opened a bag, which u didnt had.

hey folks, thanks for your replies.
    Your suggestions Ravenstorm may be true about the blackhole.
    I will try this again and perhaps build a vid.
    I know this dialog that comes up if I really DROP an item, that was not what I have done

joexxxz wrote:
    You didnt had any containers on u, but u clicked on the bag in your inventory slot, and it opened a bag, which u didnt had.
    Hey joe, sorry but I can not follow your argumentation.

I have had the standard backpack on, and the plate has been on a slot.
    That backpack was opened (the plate was build there via crafting, so the backpack was definitely worn otherwise I couldn't craft there), and I then dragged it from there ON (not beside) the left side of the inventory to wear it. That this should normally work can be proofed because if I drag it on the right side I'm told: "That can not be carried there" or so. A drag and drop to the left side brings no message, the plate vanishes in the backpack, and ... gone lol.

OOoo Ic now... :S

light grass plates, and heavy grass plates, the ones you build with twine and grass, are not armors... So when you drag them into your inventory you were dragging them out of a container. That means you should have gotten a confirm for destruction...

So, tried it with specific variants - don't want to publish a video on YouTube with bugs of Xsyon (don't talk bad about your family ^^) and now the details, first a question:

- A "grass plate" should be a kind of armour, and should - if armour - be worn somewhere or taken in on hand, right? lol (feeling childish but well thats post-apocalyptical behaviour perhaps ^^)

These plates I can not drag to any slot or hand ("you can not equip this there") besides one: The upper left slot. This place is meant to be for a helmet I guess from the picture. But the drag to this slot is accepted, no message, but the plate is gone.

But okay, I then move on to shoulder pads which I just learned because of the tries with the plates lol. I'm pretty sure I made some very silly failure because not understanding everything ... *sigh*, :unsure:

Diocletian wrote:
    light grass plates, and heavy grass plates, the ones you build with twine and grass, are not armors... So when you drag them into your inventory you were dragging them out of a container. That means you should have gotten a confirm for destruction...
    aaaaah, noooo armour. okay, thanks Diocletian, that explains why I can not wear them. But there was no question beeing asked.
    So I guess they are the prerequisite for some more complex stuff.

thanks - happy again lol - B)

well, that was my source for the misunderstanding, sorry, free jelly beans for all