Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonecraft

Bonecraft

Bonecrafting is the crafting of bones. Animals and such. At the moment other then scavenging off the land, animals are rare to find. So bonecrafting is harder then most craft. The junkpile has scrap leather, scrap cloth, scrap metal, and scrap plastic...no scrap bones even thou theres lots of image/pictures of bone piles lol.

Re:Bonecraft

So right now how do we get human bones? The first set of bone items you can create require human skull and small bones.

gremrod wrote:
    So right now how do we get human bones? The first set of bone items you can create require human skull and small bones.
    No way to get human bones right now other than scavenging them from debris piles. Also, the set of recipes you start with is random. Not everyone has human bone recipes.

Would be cool if we can hunt humans for their bones like you do with the animals. This way you have a good reason to pvp people in game. I want to use my hunting knife on a player corpse.

gremrod wrote:
    Would be cool if we can hunt humans for their bones like you do with the animals. This way you have a good reason to pvp people in game. I want to use my hunting knife on a player corpse.
    I'm sure that's the intent. I think they just have actual player death turned off for now to give people a chance to test stuff without always having to look over their shoulders. Well, test stuff other than PVP I suppose.

prokop15 wrote:
    Cunk wrote:
    gremrod wrote:
    I'm sure that's the intent. I think they just have actual player death turned off for now to give people a chance to test stuff without always having to look over their shoulders. Well, test stuff other than PVP I suppose.
    rofl, death is turned off? shiiiiit
    Figured you would have known that being around as long as you have. It's never been turned on.

You can die, but it is not the full death mechanic yet.

Basically when you die, you become a ghost and can revive in about 30 seconds. There is no looting or harvesting of human bodies at this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perception is reality

Will looting of player corpses be possible in the future? Is this something the devs plan on?

Will looting of player corpses be possible in the future? Is this something the devs plan on?
    Yes, very near future. It will likely go in with the combat changes we're currently working on.

Player looting is not working correctly, and boning humans is not working. Boning animals is now working at 90%. You can still not take apart a animal head for the skull and antlers in a deers case. You can however take everything else to include the head and skin. A bit of hunting will reward you with a good deal of bones in just an hour of walking around killing animals. Good Hunting !!