Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I catch up?

Can I catch up?

Will it be hard to catch up in skills and the learning curve to players that have preordered if we donít preorder the game ourselves?

I Want to wait until the game is out and reviewed by a few critics before I buy it myself so an answer from the devs would be nice.

Re:Can I catch up?

Due to the fact that no one will be able to be proficient in all skills catching up is not something to worry about as much. While you may be behind in your skills you could choose a craft that is more advanced then what current players have there for giving you an advantage in that respect.

Or, you could just play more than the person who is ahead. Fortunately, this game does not work like EvE.

I thought the pre-order folks were going to be wiped?

Visitor

Lily wrote:
    I thought the pre-order folks were going to be wiped?
    People wouldn't pre-order a game, usually, if they knew their characters would be wiped.

Prelude isn't a "beta", it's just the beginning of the game, from my understanding. The beginning of the building of a civilization. Towns, quests, etc.

Isn't there character going to be wiped, i've been told that there's a high risk of this happening.

darkrounge wrote:
    Isn't there character going to be wiped, i've been told that there's a high risk of this happening.
    I'm pretty sure I've read this some where. Bugered if I can find it now though.

Awww, But I want my char to be able to walk around after a few months after release and say to noobs "You weren't there, man!"
    Brum, brum.

Visitor

Oh, I guess I was thinking April 15th was the start of Prelude.

I'd like to just say, I'm horribly confused. It happens a lot, it seems.