Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is Xsyon gona get delayed ???

Hey guys, I'm sry if i'm posting in the wrong section but I was wondering if the game is still expected to be released on August 15th. I think i heard its gona be delayed. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Re: Is Xsyon gona get delayed ???

Of course it is delayed.

One thing I never quite get is why devs make such silly statements about release. Take Darkfall and Mortal Online for example. It was physically impossible for the games to have ever been released in the time the devs said. Why make up such silly dates?

Why not just give a realistic launch date?

Re:Is Xsyon gona get delayed ???

One thing I never quite get is why devs make such silly statements about release. Take Darkfall and Mortal Online for example. It was physically impossible for the games to have ever been released in the time the devs said. Why make up such silly dates?

Budgets, shareholders, Banks...

Saorlan wrote:
    Of course it is delayed.

The only way to be realistic about it would be to not give a date at all. How will you feel if next week Xsyon says the game will be released "when it's done"?

Personally I'd prefer they took that approach so people would stop asking this question. Although I suppose that wouldn't help either.

People just need to relax and maybe find something else to do. World of Tanks if a blast and it's free. Go play that for a while.

Re:Bare Bones 1 Day, 14 Hours ago
    the world, upon year zero, will be bare bones, much as it is now, at least for a while at.

As for release day august is still the plan. Quote from Virtus

myeadon wrote:
    the world, upon year zero, will be bare bones, much as it is now, at least for a while at.

LOL thanks thats all i asked. All the other people's coments were as usefull as a blind guide dog. Well that beaing said i look forward to the release on the 15th if its still planed.

myeadon wrote:

It is good to hear that, because it is August now.

Ravel wrote:
    myeadon wrote:

It is good to hear that, because it is August now.
    But is it the 15th?
    [img size=500]http://i42.tinypic.com/15yys69.jpg[/img]

Nick2279 wrote:
    myeadon wrote:

LOL thanks thats all i asked. All the other people's coments were as usefull as a blind guide dog. Well that beaing said i look forward to the release on the 15th if its still planed.
    You do realize that they will say the 15th is still the plan even if there was only a 1% chance in reality of it getting released then. It's too soon to announce a change in the release date.

Cunk wrote:
    Nick2279 wrote:
    myeadon wrote:

You do realize that they will say the 15th is still the plan even if there was only a 1% chance in reality of it getting released then. It's too soon to announce a change in the release date.
    Actually, being 12 days away is generally too close to a release date to make a change and not look silly. The only case that wouldn't is if you only need to delay it for a week or two for some small, last minute stuff.

Let's say that they delay it another month or two, which seems likely. Being this close, how do you NOT know that you can't possibly get 1 or 2 months worth of work done in 12 days? They'd really have to have no idea how much more they have to go, or what rate they've been working at, to not know that.

In any event, the last time they delayed it, they gave notification about 3 or 4 weeks out, if I remember correctly. So, given their own history, it's not too soon to let us know.

As to why it matters: many people aren't just here by themselves - they are often part of groups that intend to come to the game en masse. Trying to keep a group's interest up in a new game is hard enough without the constant delays. It's a little easier to plan for with reliable dates.