Recall spell of some sort and the sort of game.

I have been waiting for a game with recall spell easy for newbies and advanced payers alike. I have been waiting for monsters to drop random ubber loot. I have been waiting for appropriate mobs that drop appropriate loot, with random system...uber sword of vanquish type weapon like in UO. I have been looking for a fantasy game. (Moral online realistic bull shit has gotten on my nerves. There is a fine line between realistic and fun.) And dark fall just sucked...could not take on mobs by your self, and it wasn't about fun it was about holding cities. I have been waiting for uo2 pretty much...as I know most the hard core gamers have been. Darkfall did not cut it...Mortal Online did not cut it. Lets pray this game is the savoir to all hard core sand box gamers.

Re: Recall spell of some sort and the sort of game.

Uber sword of vanquish isn't likely to drop from a animal or player. It's likely to be crafted with some insane required materials that players fight over to control to get enough of the resource to make it.

I would love a system like old UO had. ruin, might, force, power and vanquish was not that big of a diffrense and vanquish was rare and cost a fortune so noone used them.

kiwibird wrote:
    Uber sword of vanquish isn't likely to drop from a animal or player. It's likely to be crafted with some insane required materials that players fight over to control to get enough of the resource to make it.
    This s already being done by mortal online. And its a mess! Takes long to program and not worth it. UO way of going about things was so much easier and fun. That's what its about, fun right, not realism.

Re:Recall spell of some sort and the sort of game.

Idiot savant wrote:
    I have been waiting for a game with recall spell easy for newbies and advanced payers alike. I have been waiting for monsters to drop random ubber loot. I have been waiting for appropriate mobs that drop appropriate loot, with random system...uber sword of vanquish type weapon like in UO. I have been looking for a fantasy game. (Moral online realistic bull shit has gotten on my nerves. There is a fine line between realistic and fun.) And dark fall just sucked...could not take on mobs by your self, and it wasn't about fun it was about holding cities. I have been waiting for uo2 pretty much...as I know most the hard core gamers have been. Darkfall did not cut it...Mortal Online did not cut it. Lets pray this game is the savoir to all hard core sand box gamers.
    If this is really what you're looking for I don't think you're going to be happy with Xsyon. It's going the more realistic route than not. Animals don't drop loot other than the materials you can carve from them. And I don't see uber swords of vanquishing fitting in with the tone of the game.

edit: Also, what is a "recall spell"? It's the title of your thread but you barely even touch on it.

This game is based on realism. To what extent however is unknown expect to those higher than myself.

Still you want the iron for that sword, then you want that perfect handle grip for your avatar... you will likely have to find the perfect handle then the perfect sword. And likely its avatar dependant.

Again, I don't know how things like that will work, but I do hope that "monster lot" of ubberness isn't ever going to be used, unless that ubberness has a downside or is a rare and infrequent event.

FYI, if its not clear, this is my personal view, and doesn't reflect the plans of the game.

kiwibird wrote:
    This game is based on realism. To what extent however is unknown expect to those higher than myself.

Still you want the iron for that sword, then you want that perfect handle grip for your avatar... you will likely have to find the perfect handle then the perfect sword. And likely its avatar dependant.

Again, I don't know how things like that will work, but I do hope that "monster lot" of ubberness isn't ever going to be used, unless that ubberness has a downside or is a rare and infrequent event.

FYI, if its not clear, this is my personal view, and doesn't reflect the plans of the game.
    SO they are taking the moral online path...Not that I wont buy the game and try it out. But there is already a sandbox out now that sucks that sounds allot like this game..mortal online. The number of hard core gamers is a small majority of the player base. I fear this game... If the game is going for reality..getting hit once by a sword and getting killed sucks.
    If two top skilled players go against each other in mortal online it takes like 3 hits and your dead... Realism is for reality. I play vidoe games to escape reality.

kiwibird wrote:
    This is already being done my mortal online. Its a mess to program and people not in guilds get the poop end of he stick.

Cunk wrote:
    Idiot savant wrote:
    If this is really what you're looking for I don't think you're going to be happy with Xsyon. It's going the more realistic route than not. Animals don't drop loot other than the materials you can carve from them. And I don't see uber swords of vanquishing fitting in with the tone of the game.

edit: Also, what is a "recall spell"? It's the title of your thread but you barely even touch on it.
    Recall spell was in fashion in the first true mmo. Ultima Online, where you would write on a ruin where you were at and you could transfer your char there at anytime. saving you the bulls**** of having to walk for ever to get to the place you wanted to go.

Idiot savant wrote:
    Cunk wrote:
    Idiot savant wrote:

Recall spell was in fashion in the first true mmo. Ultima Online, where you would write on a ruin where you were at and you could transfer your char there at anytime. saving you the bulls**** of having to walk for ever to get to the place you wanted to go.
    Oh yeah, I don't think there will be anything like that in this game. Or at least if there is I hope it is rare and difficult or expensive to use.

Having to "walk forever" in a game is a valid design choice and has a major effect on how the game feels. Yes it can be implemented poorly and become more of a dull pain in the ass (Tale in the Desert) than an interesting feature (Wurm Online). Hopefully Xsyon will be the latter (although the world will need to be more interesting eventually for that to be the case).

Also, regarding the percentage of gamers that will be interested in this game I don't think that's a concern for these devs. They've already said they're not looking for massive amounts of players and that they would cap subscriptions if they think it's getting crowded. What that means exactly remains to be seen but it seems to imply they don't care about having hundreds of thousands of players interested in this game.