Extreme interest!

First let me introduce myself!

I have played and still do lots of mmo's. From Eve to WoW and everything in between!

My biggest problem with all of the mmo's i have played are a common one, I get bored of the same linear static gameplay after a while, I end up making alts after alts just to cut out the end game drag, dailys etc...
    I also dislike that whatever i do doesnt really "impact" the world , Ok mining an asteroid belt would have some impact i guess but it respawns 3 hours later.
    The lack of creating something for all to see and use has always been my dream . I love sandbox's with a passion and own lots of sandbox's games be it console or pc!

Now to see this implememted into an MMORPG is special and new (i think) So this little gem has captured my eye from MMORPG.com and i haven't been able to stop reading about it..

My main concerns are this

Small dev team makes me wonder
    how they can pull this off , Wish them success in doing so!

Will i be able to play as i live in UK And servers are based in chicago?

Is there some form of currency in game?

and are we to be able to expect some sort of preview/review before sinking 30 odd quid into this game?

lastly, How much interest or pre orders are there to make this game get the numbers they need to ensure its survival to make this work from day one (having a handful of people to start 2-3 tribes is'nt ideal!)

This game has caught my intrest so much that i've even bothered to make a forum account

Re:Extreme interest!

All I can say is remember Turbine and AC. No one before it launched.

r0ss0 wrote:
    Small dev team makes me wonder
    how they can pull this off , Wish them success in doing so!
    they have been making it for 2 1/2 years and its been on paper for 10

r0ss0 wrote:
    Will i be able to play as i live in UK And servers are based in Chicago?
    Nothing would be stopping you except bad ping, there is a thread on that somewhere.

r0ss0 wrote:
    Is there some form of currency in game?
    Yes, and banks and safes

r0ss0 wrote:
    and are we to be able to expect some sort of preview/review before sinking 30 odd quid into this game?
    I think it is more like 25, no? There will be videos at some point in the month and a free trial around summer time.

r0ss0 wrote:
    lastly, How much interest or pre orders are there to make this game get the numbers they need to ensure its survival to make this work from day one (having a handful of people to start 2-3 tribes is'nt ideal!)
    I'm not sure I'm in a position to give numbers out but you could make a hand full of tribes.

This game has caught my intrest so much that i've even bothered to make a forum account [/quote]

Well i just pinged this site and got 124 ms . Which isnt to bad i dont think for an MMO . So will have to see about that!, By currency i meant . Cash - is it gold , dollars, artifacts? Or simply items to barter?

maybe all of the above? at least cash

I think with this MMO you have to think outside the box, All other MMOs dont apply here!