Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Booze

Booze

Any hooch in this game? Brewing? Visual effects for being sloshed?

Re:Booze

I played a MMO a long time ago, that let your toon(character) get drunk. The great thing about it was, that they made it fuzzy on your screen. So it was hard to see every thing, Then on top of that, Your toon would not run/walk straight line. It would veer left or right, and with the screen fuzzy, You could not tell where you was headed. Drinking was a tolerance skill you had to build up over time.

Lot's of in-game drinking games was had, Good times.

John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

Just play while drunk in real life, but that would be a neat little feature if they eventualy put it in.

Maybe a some point. No reason for it not to be, i don't think it would be a hard feature to code. Apparently the Snow accumulation code was done by one of the Devs just for fun in a few hours, so they threw it in.

Palo god wrote:
    Just play while drunk .
    Goes without saying.

Visitor

If getting drunk eventually was coded into the game there should at least be a good reason to get drunk. Some kind of boost to defense and strength and a penalty would be loss of control and fuzzy vision plus a hangover.

Visitor

aliksteel wrote:
    I played a MMO a long time ago, that let your toon(character) get drunk. The great thing about it was, that they made it fuzzy on your screen. So it was hard to see every thing, Then on top of that, Your toon would not run/walk straight line. It would veer left or right, and with the screen fuzzy, You could not tell where you was headed. Drinking was a tolerance skill you had to build up over time.

I remember getting drunk in WOW. Sounds similar to this.

Grimskeggr wrote:
    Any hooch in this game? Brewing? Visual effects for being sloshed?
    I'm just happy that someone used the words "hooch" and "sloshed" in the same post. :laugh:

Props to Grimskeggr!

By whicker at 2010-04-12

You are taking an awful risk drinking the products made when some was trying to level their chemistry skill...

Hopefully the blindness will only be temporary...

aliksteel wrote:

Several games have done this.

EQ2 and WoW are just to name two. There have also been various MUDS that have done where you would randomly fall down or go in a different direction whenever you tried to move.