Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Tiny People

Short people should have smaller hitboxes, taller people faster run speed. That is ALL that is needed.

Why do people have to get so damn pedantic about things like this? Why not mention that characters over 60 shouldn't be able to do basketry due to arthritis? Or black characters should get some sort of advantage during winter because it's easier to see them in the snow, such as a free snowmobile. Oh and for definite, heroes shouldn't be able to sit or lay on scrap piles to remove risk of impalement on metal stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post

No...dont be silly B) I've fought against smaller and larger men than myself, and usually had a much harder time with the larger..and the idea wasnt to "restrain" them, it was to hurt/kill them, just like in game right? We're not PvPing to control a daycare.
    No way! How many people have you hurt and/or killed then? Im eager to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    disagree 100%

if new content requires, or of balance implications require, 'balancing'...by all means it HAS to get done.

If the game is made correctly there shouldnt be a 'fotm'...since fotm usually revolves around new/and or overpowered abilities that are generally imbalancing. ie. a game should not try to make a treadmill of fotms.

if the sandbox is designed correctly the content is player created and driven and while 'new' content infusion is necessary to some degree; its introduction shouldn't be a regular occurrence.
    In a dream world, but players will find that flavour and everyone else will copy, the choices will be either nerf or change. How will stealth archers be dealt with once bows are in, as thats what every man and his dog will be playing once its live.

The fable of David and Goliath seems to be where most MMO's drew their combat system inspiration from, lol

You see, little David beat Goliath because Goliath had a bigger hitbox ! That large forehead made it much easier to land a killing blow with a ranged weapon (David used a slingshot).

Obviously, slings were OP and should have been nerfed. In fact, they must have been severely nerfed, because I can't recall any other major battles that were won by a guy using a slingshot...

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu View Post
    Short people should have smaller hitboxes, taller people faster run speed. That is ALL that is needed.

Why do people have to get so damn pedantic about things like this? Why not mention that characters over 60 shouldn't be able to do basketry due to arthritis? Or black characters should get some sort of advantage during winter because it's easier to see them in the snow, such as a free snowmobile. Oh and for definite, heroes shouldn't be able to sit or lay on scrap piles to remove risk of impalement on metal stakes.

No way! How many people have you hurt and/or killed then? Im eager to know.
    I have 23 confirmed kills....while most were not H2H...a few were. I've more than my share of bar fights as well, where restraining them wasnt the idea...but hurting them was. In your eagerness to try and disparage me, you seemed to overlook the hurt part of hurt/kill of my statement.

as far as the part where hit boxes and run speed is only difference needed...it is your opinon...which holds no more weight that the others presented here.

I have 23 confirmed kills....while most were not H2H...a few were. I've more than my share of bar fights as well, where restraining them wasnt the idea...but hurting them was. In your eagerness to try and disparage me, you seemed to overlook the hurt part of hurt/kill of my statement.

as far as the part where hit boxes and run speed is only difference needed...it is your opinon...which holds no more weight that the others presented here.
    /doubt

Nice. What do you do to get the kill in your hand to hand fights? Snap of the neck? Or the more impressive five pointed palm exploding heart technique?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffburger View Post
    especially if the advantages and disadvantages are significant (like carry weight, weapon reach, and run speed).
    The developer has said that this is a feature that will get added so you either ignore that and go for immediate gratification or you plan for it and make your character knowing a change is coming. This is not a change that is going to surprise you or catch anyone off guard. You know it is coming, deal with it now or quit your bitch'n later.

I ran around a halfling size pker all through my Beta experience. I like it, but I also will not like being slower, weaker, or have a shorter reach later. So for live I have rolled a slightly taller then average person for balance. I also made choices to my STATs with the future in mind (I want to be able to tame animals someday). I am sacrificing benefits now, for rewards later. If they let everyone respec after implimenting the change they said was coming, then I am being punished for playing "gimped" now while waiting for the change.

Live for the moment or plan for the future? I am planning for the future.

Nice. What do you do to get the kill in your hand to hand fights? Snap of the neck? Or the more impressive five pointed palm exploding heart technique?

Planning for tomorrow?

No offense to Jooky, but we can't even plan properly for today at the rate things are being changed.

hmmm...I see where this is going...so I'll say this last thing about it.

Yeah, I'm an old guy. I served Recondo SOG MACV. when I say hand to hand, it means no rounds fired....like bayonet or Kbar, not actual bare hands.

@Yamiokami...your belief is not required, or even important to me.

SOG MACV... loved working with you Deacon.. Marine Recon... BTW,, smaller people you can throw farther...lol