Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiny People

Tiny People

I was kinda of the understanding that this game was going to have the attributes affecting skills.

Are small people penalised in terms or reach, encumbrance etc?

Tiny people can make good gymnasts, but they don't make good boxers and I wouldn't expect to see them carrying logs. Does anyone know if there is an actual game disadvantage to making the avatars tiny, or are we going to be surrounded by midgets like in Aion.

BTW no offense to tiny folk Just want to know about the game design.

Re:Tiny People

I have noticed that "tiny people" have to swim in shallower water than taller people. Allowing taller characters to dig deeper in submerged terrain.

@ Ignominus

Wow good point. I wanna be the tallest of them all. :P

Tiny people?

At one point it was stated that taller people move a little faster too because they have longer legs... I don't know if that's still the case or not.

However, I have made characters that are as tall as possible and as short as possible and it seems that even with both having 90 str the taller one can carry more and kill things quicker. I'm not for certain on that, but it seems like it.

In our experiments we found that the size of your toon also affected the size of your hit window... but since Pvp is buggy it's hard to tell if it's designed this way or not. Basically, midget size toons were harder to hit than giants.

Bossman wrote:
    In our experiments we found that the size of your toon also affected the size of your hit window... but since Pvp is buggy it's hard to tell if it's designed this way or not. Basically, midget size toons were harder to hit than giants.
    To be honest, this is what I fear. I'm getting a little tired of games where being a midget gives the player an advantage in PvP but no disadvantage.

Fair enough that you're harder to hit and more agile, but you should also find it harder to hit because of the reduced arm length. You shouldn't jump as high, top speed should be limited and I also think you shouldn't be allowed the same max strength.

Put a feather weight boxer against a heavy weight and see how long they last. Yeah they'll be quick but one or too punches from the big guy and they'll be down.

It feels as if in the MMO world David would always be the favourite and no one would expect Goliath to win, surely this is wrong.

Cracky69 wrote:
    Bossman wrote:
    To be honest, this is what I fear. I'm getting a little tired of games where being a midget gives the player an advantage in PvP but no disadvantage.

Fair enough that you're harder to hit and more agile, but you should also find it harder to hit because of the reduced arm length. You shouldn't jump as high, top speed should be limited and I also think you shouldn't be allowed the same max strength.

Put a feather weight boxer against a heavy weight and see how long they last. Yeah they'll be quick but one or too punches from the big guy and they'll be down.

It feels as if in the MMO world David would always be the favourite and no one would expect Goliath to win, surely this is wrong.

I feel the same way. Now if we can just get some Dev to confirm either way.

I'm gonna bump this back to top in hopes of getting some Dev comments about "size matters" LOL

Unless there is a confirmation, that being tiny will have as much dissadvantage as advantages...everyone in game will be tiny.

I could be wrong, but I doubt a Dev will respond. The reason for this likely because tey will want players to find out the how's and why's of height.

This means being tight lipped on issues such as this until either players fail to get information, or to confirm what players believe to be true.