Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

waterfalls in middle of southern lake

Noticed this, swimming from Squaw to Roundhill.

All appeared approx southern part in middle of lake tahoe.

Re:waterfalls in middle of southern lake

That's Wild, Cool, and definitely a oh crap moment for a dev.

aliksteel wrote:
    That's Wild, Cool, and definitely a oh crap moment for a dev.
    Well, lets hope it could save us some lag :-)

I've seen them at Zone 819 Pos:196.50 977.67 460.30

I've seen these a lot. I never bothered to swim out to them so I assumed I was seeing waterfalls on the other side of the lake.

I'm guessing the major terrain update that is coming eventually will fix things like this (and the terrain seams and the texture mismatches, etc.)

You can also see similar waterfalls over the lake from the Cedarrat lakeshore area.

Thats the ghost of the alternate reality island that used to stand in the middle of the lake. :P

If you log out and log back in when you see these, are they still there or do they disappear?

I'm not very concerned about these at the moment as we have a revised terrain in the works. However, if they disappear when you log in and back out (and only appear when you enter from another sector) then this is something we should look into more.

Hi, I swim out to the riverfall. Logged out and logged in, by the waterfall and the waterfall didnt show up.
    regards

Xsyon wrote:
    If you log out and log back in when you see these, are they still there or do they disappear?

I'm not very concerned about these at the moment as we have a revised terrain in the works. However, if they disappear when you log in and back out (and only appear when you enter from another sector) then this is something we should look into more.

Thanks Vidar. Where did you log in (what zone) when you swam out and saw this?