Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Broken down repairable vehicles or.......

..just eye candy for the background?

Will we be able to find broken down vehicles and eventually with proper skills be able to repair them, modify them(add cannons, better engines, etc), or will we have to make vehicles from scratch after we find blue prints?

One of the pictures with the buggy caught my eye and I want to know if itís for more then just looks.

Re:Broken down repairable vehicles or.......

Yea, I saw that screenshot too. It would be awesome if you could learn to repair cars and drive them around. Maybe have gasoline be a rare resource :P
    [img size=300]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5892/usrbannernerevar4.png[/img]

nerevar_4 wrote:
    Yea, I saw that screenshot too. It would be awesome if you could learn to repair cars and drive them around. Maybe have gasoline be a rare resource :P
    Or just make gas really hard to make. I'm hoping we will eventually be able to repair them instead of just making ghetto shacks out of them.

I want a good mad max type of MMO more then any other kind of game tbh.

But remember, that that kind of technology has been long forgotten in Xsyon, so it might take a while to get there from the Prelude. If I'm not mistaken the Prelude is more akin to a stone age or one of the metal ages at best. I get the feeling it will take many hours of discovery and innovation before we even come close to automobiles.

"Horsepower" will have a totally different meaning in the early stages of this game.

By whicker at 2010-04-12

Leiros wrote:
    "Horsepower" will have a totally different meaning in the early stages of this game.
    I lol'd

And I'm really looking forward to how this game is going to progress. Like at the begining it's going to be sticks and stones and then maybe after two years there'll be tricked out post apocalyptic cars?!
    I'm also thinking that with all this there could be a server/character reset some time after many years.
    Brum, brum.

Cradlejoe wrote:
    Leiros wrote:
    I lol'd

And I'm really looking forward to how this game is going to progress. Like at the begining it's going to be sticks and stones and then maybe after two years there'll be tricked out post apocalyptic cars?!
    I'm also thinking that with all this there could be a server/character reset some time after many years.
    I could be way off base with this, but I think that whenever they decide to create new servers the new servers will actually be different maps altogether, not clones of the original.

For instance, the first map is of the Lake Tahoe Basin, the second could be something like the Nevada Desert or the Yellowstone National Park area. Also, all of these servers would be connected to the original somehow. Again, I don't really have any basis for this, but it's kind of the vibe I've gotten so far.

As for character resets, I believe that's where the "death and dying" discussion comes in.

By whicker at 2010-04-12

Leiros wrote:
    But remember, that that kind of technology has been long forgotten in Xsyon, so it might take a while to get there from the Prelude. If I'm not mistaken the Prelude is more akin to a stone age or one of the metal ages at best. I get the feeling it will take many hours of discovery and innovation before we even come close to automobiles.

Ya I know itís going to take a while before the game evolves into a mad max with magic.

Iím wondering if we can find and use the technology before we're able to actually craft, repair, or maintain it. Like for example finding a gun and a few bullets in the beginning of the game off an old corpse when no one can make them, and ones you run out of bullets you have to find some more which will be almost impossible because they are so rare at that point in the game.(I'm hoping it's going to be like this).

Palo god wrote:
    Leiros wrote:

Ya I know itís going to take a while before the game evolves into a mad max with magic.

Iím wondering if we can find and use the technology before we're able to actually craft, repair, or maintain it. Like for example finding a gun and a few bullets in the beginning of the game off an old corpse when no one can make them, and ones you run out of bullets you have to find some more which will be almost impossible because they are so rare at that point in the game.(I'm hoping it's going to be like this).

I was just thinking about that. Have a bunch of "old" technology in the game that the people dont know how to use or replicate yet. With rare resources like gasoline, bullets, batteries, ect. Cant wait to see what the "future" will be like. hehe
    [img size=300]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5892/usrbannernerevar4.png[/img]

Why do survivors of the apocalypse always have to be american?
    Can't they be English?

And I like the idea of having connected servers. Means there won't be a stupid different set of rules.
    Brum, brum.

Cradlejoe wrote:

And I like the idea of having connected servers. Means there won't be a stupid different set of rules.
    Agreed.

Why do survivors of the apocalypse always have to be american?
    Can't they be English?
    Because in America we have crazy survivalists that stock up on guns, toilet paper, and beef jerkey and create fallout shelters in places like the Lake Tahoe Basin. :laugh: lol

Seriously though, not all apocalypse survivors are American. Just look at Mel Gibson. He's Australian and he's pretty much the poster child for post-apocalyptic heroism - Mad Max :side:

By whicker at 2010-04-12