My post from my blog site this morning.

The top five searches for Xsyon that pops up day after day. In no particular order.

Xsyon, How long do I have to wait for the email?

Xsyon, How long until I can download the game?

Xsyon, Where can I find the dowloader?

Xsyon, When does the game launch?

Xsyon, Review.

I can answer all three at the same time,

How long do I have to wait for the email?

How long until I can download the game?

Where can I find the dowloader?

When you preorder the game, It is not automated, Some one will send the email out to you. Most times I don't think it takes long for this, But if you preorder right when they go to bed are something like going out to diner. You may have to wait a few hours. I hope in time this will not be the case and things get automated and as soon as you preorder. The mail is sent.

Now when you get the mail, It will have the link to the game launcher, But just in case your junk mail eats your mail. You can find the link HERE. You must be a preorder to log into the area of the Xsyon site. From the link you start downloading the game. The last I looked it was just over 4 gigs. After that log in and start playing.

When does the game launch? No idea, Really, I have no idea what date it will. I don't think the dev team even knows. I do feel like we are with in a month or two before Xsyon goes live. But The team has stopped putting a launch date up, And said they will let us know a week or so before it goes live. And for the most part, The preorders that are helping in testing the game feels the same as me. We want the feature list for the game to be 100% before it goes live.

For the review part, I'm going to try to point out some of the "Oh Shit" areas of the game. But knowing me, It will ended up as a fanboy post.

There is a few things still being worked on. There is still at times bad lag in the game, And some people are having problems even getting the game loaded up or logging in with runtime errors. I know we was having crashes, But I have not had that happen in a few weeks now, So maybe that's over with. But just like with all MMOs when they do add in new features to the game, They seem to corrupt other areas of the game and just makes things buggy. But I must say in the most fanboyish way I can. That they are very smart in the way they add features. They only add a little at a time. This lets them find and de-bug very fast. Like in the next week or so, They will add Tribes feature to the game. I am sure this will bug the hell out of a lot of stuff. But instead of adding the whole tribe feature, I am sure they will just add the first basic parts of it. After debugging the game, They will add more and more till it is all the way in-game.

I must say that there are some parts that seemed to take a long time to fix, Not sure if it was low on the list of things to fix, Or was just a pain in the butt to fix. But it seems like the containers seem to work right now. It was not that the containers(think bag, chest, and other things that holds your stuff for you) didn't work, It was when they added the permissions to the game. You could make a new bin(50 slot box) and could not even open it, Because you didn't have permission to open your own bin. That was a pain to deal with, But that's what testing is all about. Are at lest that's what I'm told.

I can't show you how good things look as I'm playing the game on a laptop that has no business playing the game. But I did want to show you this. The game is unlike most MMOs out there. Unlike your WOW's and EQ2's that start you out with armor sets that looks a lot like some of the same armor you get from raiding. Xsyon is starting us off with grass, and leather. Xsyon is being made to grow later, Unlike most MMOs out there that fine themself in a top end lock down and trying to find new ways to spin old stuff back on to us. Xsyon is starting at a very low point, Giving it more room to grow later on.

There are areas where junk has piled up and if you take your time and look through them, You can find steel, cloth, leather, plastics. You can also take more time and scavenge your way across the lands and pick up stuff off the ground that has been lost for years. Using this stuff and working with crafts, You can make stuff like what you see up there.

But as you run around looking for stuff, Make sure to watch out for things like

Black Bear

Coyote

Mule Deer

Raccoon

That run around the world right now. They are working on how the animals work. When it all is said and done. We should have animals working as they would in the RL. raccoons that run away from black bears. Or black bears hunting down a mule deer. Am also hoping that they will add a pack mentality for some animals, Like the deer. Now it is true that all we have right now is 4 animals in-game. But most of us feel like there will be a lot more in-game later like.

Now all of this was posted a few months ago, So no idea if or when they will go in-game, Also there looks may have changed as well.

But I do want to add two vid's as well.

(Less than a minute for each video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8rO4h_mAdc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d6aR7okNW4

I am sure there will be wide variety animals, But not just wild animals, But things that we can use like cows, sheep, pigs, and horses. I have all ready showed you the pic of the chicken. So it looks like we will have a ton of things to play with in-game.

OK that's it till after they add tribes into the game, I think, But you never know with me.

Till the next time, Be good.

Alik Steel