Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum formatting

Oh for the love of god, I know using vbulletin makes everywhere feel a bit 'samey' but this software is horrendous! It feels like going back to the days of 800x600 where you couldn't get more than 5 words in the width of the screen.

I'm sure you're busy on the coding of the game, but you're bound to have a person with a 'community' hat on. I know some people might say it's only a forum, but it lends a lot to the image and professionalism of the company behind it.

Re: Forum formatting

just to nitpick, i totally agree, this forum software is kind of shitty. the big clunky site interface all around it pisses me off too.

I would just like if the forum was wider than it is now, with the 2 side bars (with the right one where the images don't work if your actually inside a sub forum, such as it linking to http://xsyon.com/forums/6-general-di...g/post/gallery right now)

I wish we could move to vB but the problem is that the entire site is dedicated towards this software (Joomla and Kunena) as their payment system is inside what we are using now and its all tied to our accounts and preorders.

Just wait until they will have to upgrade joomla and kunena because of a security risk after a hacker found an exploit, thats going to be a huge hassle. They kinda made it to complicated stacking a forum software on top of a portal engine.

The Forums will be widened, I'm just waiting on some art work.

I've been using the widened version for awhile now, its nice, to bad you guys can't see it. :silly: (I'm cruel)

VB cost's money.
    Getting a nulled version would put a really bad name on the community.

I'd suggest sticking with this in the meantime, after all. It's only a forum.

darkrounge wrote:
    VB cost's money.
    Getting a nulled version would put a really bad name on the community.

I'd suggest sticking with this in the meantime, after all. It's only a forum.
    Only a forum? Only a forum! *faints*

It cost's 130 for just a vb license, which is allot.
    SMF or IPB would best suit this forum.

Or go for something like Mybb.
    I can't recall any other mmorpg using that.

Or you could simply make your own forum via PHP. Fairly simple.

darkrounge wrote:

SMF is ok for a small guild website, but not for something big. Their BB editor sucks, even this one is better.

I would say invest the money to get a vB license as thats the most professional looking forum script.

IPB is 2nd in my list, I don't think I have seen a site use that one in years though so I am unsure how that actually works.

Inferno, it's not the best script alive.
    It's nothing special or different to any other script.

The only thing different is that it's better secured and contains a better scripting profile.

I like phpbb personally, easy to customize and easy to re-edit the security levels.

Mybb is fairly good aswell, it does cost money aswell.
    But far more cheaper then VB.

darkrounge wrote:

Bullshit "it's a lot". That's 5 fucking pre-orders. Now I'm sure they have their reasons for using this, tying it in with the payment system or whatever, I'm just pointing out that pretty much everything about it is awkward, clunky and ugly!

I'm not a vb fangurl, I'm just pointing out that almost anything would be better than this.