player/stability questions

Just have a few questions regarding players/stability.

How many people can play currently without the server crashing?

How many people actually play currently? Have there been gatherings of like 20 people successfully?

How many people will the server support when the game goes live?

I'm not expecting there to be thousands of people, even support for like 100 would be fine with me. Just kinda curious, thanks in advance!

Re:player/stability questions

Around 5000 i think

Re:player/stability questions

Burbuckle wrote:
    Just have a few questions regarding players/stability.

How many people can play currently without the server crashing?

How many people actually play currently? Have there been gatherings of like 20 people successfully?

How many people will the server support when the game goes live?

I'm not expecting there to be thousands of people, even support for like 100 would be fine with me. Just kinda curious, thanks in advance!
    No idea because there's probably never been more than a few dozen people on at a time. And the server does crash (though not nearly as often as it used to) but there's no way for us to know what actually causes it.

I personally have never seen more than 10 or so people in the same area. Shinra are the official poopsockers of this game so they may have witnessed larger groups.

The number 5000 that joexxxz mentions is a number the dev threw out there months ago as a proposed target for subscribers. The truth is we'll have no idea of how many people the server will support until that many people try to play and the server starts to have problems.