Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Got my interest! (Is there Fire)

So I have been reading up on the forums here and this game has my interest. I know if they can implement everything they say this game will be ground breaking.

I give props the to community it seems that everyone here is pretty friendly and hopeful for the game.

Now I was wondering are we starting off at the point where we have to make fire? Have we de-evolved that far? I think it would be a good start but also we should know how to make fire.

Might need to pre-order but been burned alot this last year with games not being anything they promise.

Re: Got my interest!

There is fire already in the game so we will be past that point =P
    MrDDT

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu

Thank you! So we have fire clothes and some kind of culture?

Hey and welcome to the forum Thor.
    As the game gradually starts to grow large you will start feeling confident about how the games runs and what aspects it has.

Stick around and check out some comments.
    Possibly in the features section.

If you haven't yet read the 'About' page, i'd advise you to now.
    This would give you a better insight look of the game.

Re:Got my interest!

It's cool that we will know how to make fire, But really, How many of you made a fire? With out going to a store first to buy what you need. Like what type of wood do you use to rub together?

But that does tent to makes you question what we will have at the start(prelube).

John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

aliksteel wrote:
    It's cool that we will know how to make fire, But really, How many of you made a fire? With out going to a store first to buy what you need. Like what type of wood do you use to rub together?

But that does tent to makes you question what we will have at the start(prelube).
    haha this made me lol. :laugh:

I wonder if we'll actually need kindling, tender and fuel? or if we'll be able to start a fire with just a couple of big logs and some flint/magnesium? The kindling and tender idea is more realistic.

Also, whether or not weather such as rain and snow will affect fire starting ability is another consideration. Anyone who has ever started a camp fire in the rain knows how difficult it can be. :side:

By whicker at 2010-04-12

Leiros wrote:
    aliksteel wrote:

haha this made me lol. :laugh:

I wonder if we'll actually need kindling, tender and fuel? or if we'll be able to start a fire with just a couple of big logs and some flint/magnesium? The kindling and tender idea is more realistic.

Also, whether or not weather such as rain and snow will affect fire starting ability is another consideration. Anyone who has ever started a camp fire in the rain knows how difficult it can be. :side:
    Sounds like a good idea, like have to find shelter before you start the fire.

Re:Got my interest! (Is there Fire)

lol, prelube.

This post also deals with this issue:

forums/6-general-discussion/839-fire#839

By whicker at 2010-04-12

Without fire, it would be VERY rough on humans, we evolved past the point of eating raw food (smaller, more efficient gut)