Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Found a Awl?

Found a Awl?

Has anyone found an Awl by any chance?

I was working on a project, and was wondering if players who didn't have an awl, or was a tool crafter, have you found an Awl? Basketry's require one typically at the start of the game, and I was wondering (for them) what was the easiest way of getting one without other players helping.

Cheers for any advice.
    We have cool new forums... Y~A~Y

Re:Found a Awl?

well, you could always create a bonecrafter, then get one at the start. Then have a bin open for public, spawn in with the bonecrafter and put your awl in the bin.

The log on with the other char to get the wanted tool from the bin.

But, never found one myself either.

I've never seen a tool found while scavenging. Weapons yes, tools no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perception is reality

I have scavenged an awl before.. also pliers, not often but it can happen. i wouldn't want to rely on it at the start of the game though

yo kiwi, I've did it the way Gremrod told too, since that awl is very essential for basketry after the basic recipes.
    Personally I wish there would be a craft 'decorater' (joking) as it could save much time to be able to just handover a thing like 'metal decoration' and not be forced to scavenge for it ^^

Err was in such a rush before that I forgot to say it would be for a solo player at the launch of game (ie not able to toon swap).

Thanks for the confirmation you can scavenge for them, that will be what I'm after.

kiwi, but you will be able to create a character, to get the tools you want, delete it and create another, rinse and repeat, with only 1 character.

blakebinkley wrote:
    kiwi, but you will be able to create a character, to get the tools you want, delete it and create another, rinse and repeat, with only 1 character.
    ^^ this.

Deletion of characters will be possible, however isn't going to be what it is like at the moment. Talks about this was described as being either (from memory) 24 to 48 hours from when the request was asked.

This allows for the process to be cancelled, and if it isn't cancelled in this period any "insurances" of the character are voided.

so you're saying you're stuck not playing for 2 days even tho you paid for it if you delete a character??
    I'm assuming they'll credit you the 2 days of paid service into the next service period??