Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supply caches?

Supply caches?

In some screen shots you can see piles of logs and other materials sitting around in your town. Is there a actually use to that?

I was thinking maybe they were a storage unit for whatever the resource is. So someone goes and gathers some wood, then comes to town, drops it, and it makes a pile that other players add to for public use. Maybe?

Re:Supply caches?

If i remember correctly you can take logs etc and just throw them on the ground and start a pile for when you need to just grab one. I think.

Oh cool, thought so ty

I like this, there were no problems with it in WURM. Everything looked great aswell, if you were constructing something it looked right as you had planks lying around.
    Brum, brum.

Virtus wrote:
    If i remember correctly you can take logs etc and just throw them on the ground and start a pile for when you need to just grab one. I think.
    Would this same principal apply if you're out in the wilderness cutting down trees? For instance, could you make a pile of logs next to where you cut the tree down or would you have to take each individual log all the way back to your village?

By whicker at 2010-04-12

Would this same principal apply if you're out in the wilderness cutting down trees? For instance, could you make a pile of logs next to where you cut the tree down or would you have to take each individual log all the way back to your village?
    Yeah I think you can, if what virtus says is true. Go to the gallery, 2nd page, 2nd picture, in the background you can see piles.

Thats cool you can have people just chopping, and have someone picking them up to carry them back to town.

EDIT: You can see them better on the SS on the last page (3) First picture of 2nd row. (or 5th picture)

EDIT EDIT: Oh and if you look at my 1st screenshot i talked about, the trees standing up, in the 2nd one i talked about it fell down just neat, thought I would point out xD

Leiros wrote:
    Virtus wrote:
    Just making it clear that I'm not sure how accurate what i said is, I just believe that is the case from what i remember awhile back.

I don't think it will be everywhere. Roma Victor had a huge problem with this because people just left piles everywhere and never cleared.

It might depend on your area of control where you can place items. So i would guess if that's the case and the trees are in your area of control then yes you could.

Again, all hypothetical.

shadowlz wrote:
    Yeah I think you can, if what virtus says is true. Go to the gallery, 2nd page, 2nd picture, in the background you can see piles.

Thats cool you can have people just chopping, and have someone picking them up to carry them back to town.

EDIT: You can see them better on the SS on the last page (3) First picture of 2nd row. (or 5th picture)
    haha this reminds me of Age of Empires a little bit. :side:

By whicker at 2010-04-12

Just making it clear that I'm not sure how accurate what i said is, I just believe that is the case from what i remember awhile back.

I don't think it will be everywhere. Roma Victor had a huge problem with this because people just left piles everywhere and never cleared.

It might depend on your area of control where you can place items. So i would guess if that's the case and the trees are in your area of control then yes you could.

Again, all hypothetical.
    How big are the areas of control? Do roads add to it? Whats the meaning of life?

Leiros wrote:
    haha this reminds me of Age of Empires a little bit. :side:
    :')
    Great days.
    Brum, brum.