Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re:Suggestion: Farming | Seeds and Crops

Drono wrote:
    Virtus wrote:
    WillBingham wrote:
    Agriculture in the Lake Tahoe area is sort of an "iffy" thing. If you take the sheep, cattle and hay operations out of the equation all you have left is orchards, vinyards and small family gardens. Most of the crops that are grown in that area are grown from genetically engineered seeds. These seeds do not reproduce outside of the lab and if you do allow them to go to seed the resulting crop would be a small stunted growth mutation of the original. But this is a game and anything can happen.

Cavious wrote:
    You could even grow cotton to make bandages or clothing.
    You cannot under any cicumstances grow cotton in quantities that you would need for bandages and other things in that area. Sorry. But you have a great idea about bandages. Just change the bandages from cotton to a lambswool bandage if we can get Jordi to add sheep to the animal list. :P
    that's why its a game
    I agree with Virtus, it's a game, and who knows what kind of super cotton may show up because of the fallout from the wars that destroyed the world....

I hope theres a way to replant grass/trees on "terraformed" land... otherwise the world will very quickly start looking very "Beige" (my name for the color of the sandcastles that everyone has built)
    and on that note i think a great feature would be erosion. for terraformed land it should slowly(very slowly probably) form back into its original shape from the weather, and in high elevations wind. this way replanting/planting trees and grass will become more needed.

this could also lead to attack techniques like burning :evil:

Also don't forget, one blade of grass can create a light plate for the basketry trade.

One blade of grass likely wont be able to actually make one of those. So the question then becomes is this mutated grass, or simply the work put into getting that blade of grass allowing the player to get more than one blade and could instead be viewed as four handfuls of grass (I think the animation had four pulls anyway).

Just because we may have 1 unit of cotton, doesn't mean that unit is small like a feather.. but neither does that mean its as big as Big Ben. What is heavier, a tonne of bricks or a tonne of feathers?

1 isn't a definition of size, mass, or weight, but a game static number that has a mathematical requirement that allows you to preform said actions. The number and representation of that in game will likely not match up, and therefore we may find we need 1 grass to make a light plate, but will need (EXAMPLE ONLY) 5 grass to make 1 straw.

This would be really nice..