Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen

Suggestion: Farming | Seeds and Crops

So I was thinking today as my kids and I were planting Moonflower seeds. Wouldn't it be cool if within Xsyon you could plant different Seeds and such for growing for whatever you may need.

Seeds:

You could plant different seeds for different crops, and depending on time of the year and time it's self will determine how something grows, the yield of the growth (Harvest), and If it even grows at all. Put it into a time based environment so maybe a plant, for example, Vervain or St.Johns. Those could be grown to benefit Medicine. (In real life Vervain and St.Johns is considered a Sedative in Herbal Medicine.) So Chemists or Herbalists can take the planet and Grind it up until its a powder that can be made into a pill or tea.

You could even grow cotton to make bandages or clothing.

Crops:

You could grow these seeds in crops to help with yield and sell to others.

Nonetheless it was just my idea.

Re:Suggestion: Farming | Seeds and Crops

I think a farming system would be an awesome addition to the game. It would add the feel of survival for sure, plus planting food crops would give more options for cooking besides just hunting and fishing.

I think this is already in the works, But not sure how far out it will be.

That.

Or I am remembering something from another MMO.

Agriculture is one of the items listed under features. I expect this includes harvesting and planting seeds.

Though I think this is something that will be released after the initial launch, sometime during or after the Prelude phase.

Xsyon Citizen

Agriculture in the Lake Tahoe area is sort of an "iffy" thing. If you take the sheep, cattle and hay operations out of the equation all you have left is orchards, vinyards and small family gardens. Most of the crops that are grown in that area are grown from genetically engineered seeds. These seeds do not reproduce outside of the lab and if you do allow them to go to seed the resulting crop would be a small stunted growth mutation of the original. But this is a game and anything can happen.

Cavious wrote:
    You cannot under any cicumstances grow cotton in quantities that you would need for bandages and other things in that area. Sorry. But you have a great idea about bandages. Just change the bandages from cotton to a lambswool bandage if we can get Jordi to add sheep to the animal list. :P

Xsyon Citizen

Yeah I saw that, but agriculture is such a wide term. Could mean many of different things such as raising mammals, fish, and other things. Like I said was just a thought.

Xsyon Citizen

WillBingham wrote:
    Agriculture in the Lake Tahoe area is sort of an "iffy" thing. If you take the sheep, cattle and hay operations out of the equation all you have left is orchards, vinyards and small family gardens. Most of the crops that are grown in that area are grown from genetically engineered seeds. These seeds do not reproduce outside of the lab and if you do allow them to go to seed the resulting crop would be a small stunted growth mutation of the original. But this is a game and anything can happen.

Cavious wrote:
    You cannot under any cicumstances grow cotton in quantities that you would need for bandages and other things in that area. Sorry. But you have a great idea about bandages. Just change the bandages from cotton to a lambswool bandage if we can get Jordi to add sheep to the animal list. :P
    Good point, I forget that one crop of cotton has a very small output. Wool would be the better choice.

Xsyon Citizen

Just because we were talking about this being on the list.

Quote:
    Evolution

Xsyon is constantly evolving. During the Prelude, characters start off as simple hunters, gatherers and scavengers. As societies will advance new features will become available to the larger, more civilized tribes and towns. These features will include:

"Agriculture."
    Evolved cooking. Character created recipes.
    Animal breeding and pets.
    Trade with tribes beyond the impenetrable mist.
    Armor decoration system which can indicate achievements and status.
    New weapons, armor and tools.
    Religion.

Join us in the Xsyon Forums for discussions of other potential unique features that we plan to develop and try out.

Quote Source:
    Features

But like I said Agriculture is a loose term. But in this case it is followed by Cooking and Animal Breeding. So I guess my post is useless Sorry false alarm

WillBingham wrote:

Cavious wrote:
    that's why its a game

Virtus wrote:
    WillBingham wrote:

Cavious wrote:
    that's why its a game
    I agree with Virtus, it's a game, and who knows what kind of super cotton may show up because of the fallout from the wars that destroyed the world....

I hope theres a way to replant grass/trees on "terraformed" land... otherwise the world will very quickly start looking very "Beige" (my name for the color of the sandcastles that everyone has built)