Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMoe View Post
    If you want to play solo then you shouldn't play MMORPG at all. What's wrong with people today ?
    Since when did MMORPG = Have to Group ? ........................

A lot of players like myself enjoy the challenge of Solo play , while having " Interactions with other players online " ( hint for the idiot i posted , that = MMO ).

Quote Originally Posted by tommybomb View Post
    Solo players only hurt themselves by always being behind the curve. Who cares, really? Pwn them with ez.
    When game so greatly favors groups, you should remember this when soloer pwns you.

Playing solo=hard mode, seems you just want an easy ride. Actually, it seems you admire those people, since you are afraid to do it yourself.

I think the game caters to all play types really... lol. At the moment anyway. If you say war is a subset of pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    I think the game caters to all play types really... lol. At the moment anyway. If you say war is a subset of pvp.
    Try to play solo, try to play with tribe, see how you fare. Nothing to really wonder about that much, having more people makes things easier, not harder as some claim, i find that absurd concept. Its like claiming carrying 50 kg stone is easier solo than with 10 people.

Its a choice people make, but game should provide opportunity for everyone, Xsyon does it atm, and i hope it stays that way. Not like some MMOs.

5. 02-17-2011, 02:23 PM

I'm gonna butt in and say Mika is right. The best way for a player to learn to carry his own weight is to go solo because this is the hardest way and really, if your only experience in mmo are group plays, this is something you can't probably understand. No idea why you guys are trying to say that solo players are socially inept kind of person, the reality is the most effective way to progress is to learn the hard way. If some guild/tribe hold your hand all the way you don't get as much experience as solo'ers.

A mmo is like any other game to me, play on the harsdest settings from day 1, then reduce it if too insane. That way when you meet spoonfed players you simply own them.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaHR View Post
    Try to play solo, try to play with tribe, see how you fare. Nothing to really wonder about that much, having more people makes things easier, not harder as some claim, i find that absurd concept. Its like claiming carrying 50 kg stone is easier solo than with 10 people.

Its a choice people make, but game should provide opportunity for everyone, Xsyon does it atm, and i hope it stays that way. Not like some MMOs.
    I had been solo for quite some time. The fact that you can make a "solo tribe a.k.a homestead" proves that solo is possible. Wait...who says more people makes things harder lol? Once I randomly met some people things got way easier, but like Dust said, I went solo to learn the game. I learn quicker by myself. I think solo should be harder as this is a fairly "realistic" style game.

Wait...first you talk like you're saying the game isn't meant for solo, but then you say that the game provides opportunity for everyone. What was actually your stance to what I said?

But tommy has some points that should be noted. The game is a world building game. It's not about hard mode or easy mode. It's how do you want to achieve what you want to achieve and when? It's not about noobs group up and pros go solo. Solo will be slower and harder, but you might have friends in tribes that help you so that you actually aren't slow. This would be "working smarter not harder", but also staying your-own-man...staying solo. The quickest way to achieve is to achieve with others, which is why there are very few hermits in the real world compared to people who join up for certain needs.

At this point in time i guess i have to remind you that its computer game and its main purpose is to provide entertainment to those who play it. Theres pretty much nothing to "win" or "lose" except bunch of pixels. If you take it beyond that, well, thats your problem really.

I had been solo for quite some time. The fact that you can make a "solo tribe a.k.a homestead" proves that solo is possible. Wait...who says more people makes things harder lol? Once I randomly met some people things got way easier, but like Dust said, I went solo to learn the game. I learn quicker by myself. I think solo should be harder as this is a fairly "realistic" style game.
    He, he, didnt say you said so, just a general remark that is popping up in every MMO forum. Solo is by default harder and im glad Xsyon has a place for soloers.
    And yes, by some peoples definfition you are "socially-inept", "anti-social", and youre doing it wrong

Wait...first you talk like you're saying the game isn't meant for solo, but then you say that the game provides opportunity for everyone. What was actually your stance to what I said?
    Didint say that, just said game favors grouping, as its much easier with a group. Groups dont need any artificial bump, like some here demand.

But tommy has some points that should be noted. The game is a world building game. It's not about hard mode or easy mode. It's how do you want to achieve what you want to achieve and when? It's not about noobs group up and pros go solo. Solo will be slower and harder, but you might have friends in tribes that help you so that you actually aren't slow. This would be "working smarter not harder", but also staying your-own-man...staying solo. The quickest way to achieve is to achieve with others, which is why there are very few hermits in the real world compared to people who join up for certain needs.
    He gets first point, but he cannot grasp the other point you make. Playing solo doesnt mean you never interact or do anything with other people ever, he just cant grasp the concept *shrug*

9. 02-17-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote Originally Posted by tommybomb View Post
    "it's just a game" technic
    It is just a game, meant to be a distraction. Building a castle and owning faces are ultimatly un-important, it is simply the features and options of the game and it will not keep me awake at night. Why do you think I will find your tribe first and settle near it? For the fun of it, since rolling you over will be fun and I expect a fight. But then I log off and stop thinking about it, like most men do.

REAL MENS YO! (nice line there tommyboy)

For the first few days after the final wipe, only Tribes of 10 members will be able to place totems. I may lower this number, based on current tribe sizes after I examine the database.
    This actually sucks we got 5 guys of our clan playing what are we supposed to do for the next 10 days? you can't really play the game unless you are on your own land cause you are so limited.

I mean 10 days of boring gameplay could actually put people off playing the game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Banok View Post
    This actually sucks we got 5 guys of our clan playing what are we supposed to do for the next 10 days? you can't really play the game unless you are on your own land cause you are so limited.

I mean 10 days of boring gameplay could actually put people off playing the game at all.
    It has bee changed, check out update thread under announcements Everyone gets to play from the start