Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Mind and body altering drugs(in-game)?

Will we see any besides alcohol in the game? And if they are added to the game will you give them all weird effects(black out, random player violence where you can’t control your player, etc) including character addiction for some of them? Maybe balance it out with some benefits to some of them as well, for example your character won’t feel as much “pain” when on coke and won’t get tired while the dose is active(but will experience side effects after the dose is done)?

Drugs could also play a part in dirty warfare where some people could lace food or other consumables with extremely harmful drugs, sell those consumables to an enemy tribe through neutral players without the tribe knowing their laced, and get some of the enemy tribe members addicted to the drug(impairing their abilities while they go through withdrawal).

What do you think?

Re:Mind and body altering drugs(in-game)?

I like the idea about lacing food. I believe that characters will have to eat to be able to keep themselves in a good condition.
    If you look on the screenshots there's a fire in the middle of the settlements, maybe players need to keep this stocked with food as a way to keep their characters fed (Like while they're offline). And thus someone could sneak into camp and poison this food.
    Obviously there would be ways to detect poison in the food.
    Brum, brum.

Eh drugs in a MMO can be walking a very gray line.

It would add depth, however can bring problems as well.

Recovering addicts will not like to see them in game, Parent groups will be in an uproar (drugs are worse then decapitation to some of them), and it would allow the game to come under more heat then it needs to.

I'm not saying the game will or will not have them, I wouldn't know. However in general they would need to be balanced out with what they bring to the game, and if it is worth the potential problems.
    Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage.

Niccolo Machiavelli

I would love to see technologically engineered drugs. Some people could open up a pharmacy lol

Why? Do the benefits of having it outweigh the risks?

Not by a long shot. Never before have i heard of drugs making a game, i have heard of them costing companies millions.

Meh, just call them potions. Everyones happy then.
    Brum, brum.

Cradlejoe wrote:
    They got drugs in FallenEarth but it will take awhile to advance that far.

Thorbrand wrote:
    Cradlejoe wrote:
    Considering the human race has used drugs before modern technology has existed, not really.

coca leaf for example

Cradlejoe wrote:
    Doesn't really give it the same wow factor.

Palo god wrote:
    [quote]Thorbrand wrote:
    Cradlejoe wrote:
    Considering the human race has used drugs before modern technology has existed, not really.

coca leaf for example

I was thinking more hard core drugs but what you listed would be herbalism I believe which we should have shortly after descovery.

Thorbrand wrote:
    [quote]Palo god wrote:
    Thorbrand wrote:
    Cradlejoe wrote:

coca leaf for example

I was thinking more hard core drugs but what you listed would be herbalism I believe which we should have shortly after descovery.
    I was just giving an example of early crude drugs the game could start off with and as tech slowly moved up the new drug types like Coke could be reinvented.