The following is a list of Proposed Improvement and Tweaks. The list is formed from the experience of current early access players, community input and insight gained from game play videos.
NOTE: IF you wish to add a suggestion, please do so in another thread where this can be discussed by the community before being added to this list.
Suggestions marked with a * are points that should be added/tweaked as soon as possible.
- Suggestions in green will be added soon.
- Suggestions in grey are not likely to be implemented for a while if at all.
Others will likely be implemented soon or as evolutions during the Prelude over the course of this year.
Suggestions that have been added to the game will be removed from the list.
Suggestions, Improvements and Tweaks
Listed 29 March
- Allow for tools to stay selected in the crafting window.
- Release patch notes on the launcher.
- Add ability to destroy baskets.
Listed 11 March
- Add ability for chat box to be moved and new tabs be created with filters.
- Make any change to key bindings immediate.
- Allow for items to be upgraded and degraded for materials such as outlined in this suggestion.
- Add "online/offline" statuses for tribal menu.
- Rework private messaging system to show who the message was sent to as outlined in this thread.
- Enable the numpad to be used for more options.
Listed 5 March
- Addition of alternative way to provide quests to players to avoid having to have outsiders allowed in the center of the tribal lands (totem)
- Make wooden planks and bricks stackable such as logs are currently. This will help with organization and customization of player land.
- Add estimated time remaining to launcher.
- Allow for items to be dissected in order for the player to learn them as a recipe. The success rate will be low but would offer an alternative to finding random drops.
- Add tribal outposts to allow for expansion as outlined in this thread.
Listed 2 March
- Rework parts of crafting to require less scrap resources, giving players more freedom to live away from scrap piles. Examples of such being grass huts or all leather clothing.
- Reworking of dodging and blocking to better map to keybinds.
- Rework of the architect building project placement system. Options such as minor roration (less or more than 90 degrees) have been suggested.
- Filter and organization of the crafting windows. This includes alphabetical listing, sort by item type and quality level.
- Ability to name settlements something other than your tribal name.
Listed 25 February
- Configure chat box with color, font, size and scaling options to improve readability and customization.
- Ability to rotate a placed totem for cosmetic purposes.
- Recycling items back into scrap piles to replenish scrap piles.
- Increase animal spawn amount.
- Decrease general chat range to a realistic talking or yelling radius.
- Dying as a result of old age.
- Toxic plants that result in death or illness. These plants could be used in poisoning and cooking.
- Automatically stack items within containers.
- Add varying fish size and weights with corresponding hunger refresh amount.
- Containers to transport water such as canteens or buckets.
- Change size of emote bar to a more user friendly scale.
- Change camera when inside buildings. The camera currently does not account for building walls and the suggestion is for the camera to zoom in when it encounters a wall or object between the player and the camera.
- Give scrap piles depth and lower the terrain when scavenging. Scrap piles are currently just textured, the suggestion asks that when the pile is gathered from the terrain lowers to reflect the loss of the recourses in that area. Scrap piles also have a set depth so they can still run out.
- Portable tent or some other makeshift shelter for use with comfort when implemented.
- Add birds, insect sounds, pine cones, general ambiance sound effects. Multiple suggestions have asked for more sound effects to assist with the ambiance and environment of the game world.
- Add weather change fading (rain, snow, etc). Weather starts and stops suddenly currently and is suggested to be both longer and slowly fade in and out.
- Food rots and becomes unusable. Food has essentially infinite shelf life currently and is suggested to be changed to degrade to fill less hunger when eaten and eventually to rot away.
- Make trees plantable and grow over time.
- Create system to make starter tools unlootable/untradable to avoid new players losing their starting items. New players lose their starting tools when being killed, the suggestions ask for a system to help new players avoid losing their tools.
- Add either a compass or another method of determining direction.
- Ability to scroll in crafting window.
- When animal taming is added, create a system to allow tamed animals to patrol or guard a set location. This also ties into combat pet suggestion and would allow for tribes to have "guards" for their camp when no tribal members are online.
- Addition of region based resources (some streams have less fish etc)
- Add longer weather effects and consequences. Long rains lead to flooding etc.
- Animal sacrificing to increase faith or promote religion.
- Removal of spirit walking. Many suggestions have been made for the removal of the spirit walking system, as many believes it leads to ganking.
- Addition of cartography or similar map system and removal of coordinates.
- Add ability to name baskets.
- Add notification for tribes when land is being encroached upon.
- Rework building destruction/construction as defined in this post to some degree.
Listed 27 November [NZDT]
- A list of small suggestions from various threads:
Standard permission settings.
Cloth items having higher degree of differance.
Environmental sound effects that change in different settings, wind in open areas vs wind near trees.
Rain fading in and out.
Sitting and/or resting.
Animation changes for fishing/foresting/scavenging, different effects when successful and not so.
Eat from containers you have permissions to, not just from inventory.
Terraforming skill increase bonuses are unknown, suggested to allow with higher skill to terraform more than one tile at a time.
Starting tool refinment: Current: Weapons; Blades = Warped Branch Knife, Hunting = Stabby Combat Knife. Suggested the reverse.
Encombrance needs assitance, carts etc.
More tool tips and details (character screen suggested).
Experiance bar could have % or A/Z to give it a meaning and gage to what is better.
Open/Close windows while preforming actions without cancelling the action.
Trees to be given names and properties; good and bad.
Tribe identification, allow players to recongise others from the same tribe.
Auto-selected character on login screen (before spawning into the game), since only one character per name, no need to click that character.
Auto-stack items. When transfering items have them stack in the new container if possible.
Craft and game sound effect varrients.
Smooth sun/moon pathways - currently stutters.
Fishing animation needs full development, casting, line into water, line tentsion, etc.
Remove the draining of energy from drinking and eatting.
Video Options; add gamma.
- VeryWiiTee Wants the ability to 'create chat channels'. To have chat backgrounds and the ability to turn them on/off and have an opacity setting. Would also like to see the ability to set font colour for different types of text. A response to the thread see's mrcalhou wanting to be able to use apostrophes.
- Jadzia. Remove the name of animals from overhead, only display while hovering mouse over them.
- Keith Stone see's only one need for a forum announcement board.
- Keith Stone reports the dire need to have permissions on construction ghosts so other tribemates can help finish projects (if correct skills are in place). The need to destory items has been suggested that its either not in place, unknown how to do it, or is required.
- TWEAK: Keith Stone believes that after sorting 30 stacks of metal scraps and only getting 12 nails, should be increased as there is a high demand for them. REVKhA suggests in the same thread that nails perhaps at a later stage needs to be player created.
- [url=http://www.xsyon.com/forums/42-tweaks-and-suggestions/33625-architectureterraforming#33625]VeryWiiTee[/url suggests changes to terraforming. In particular the raising and lowering of terrain should round to a nice number to make 'leveling' (terrain altitude) easier. Roads should be excluded from the rule of "construction near objects"; to make tribe layouts easier.
- Great suggestion for construction ideas located here.
Platforms and towers (defence structures).
Walk-on walls (Castle-type).
Curved Walls. [[KiwiBird:: Believe this is in the works but uncertain]]
Lockable storage containers, with keys that can be crafted and given to players.
Secret holes. The abilty to create holes in the ground and cover them up [[KiwiBird:: No indication of how to use it but would think its designed to be similar to traps or storage hideout]]
- Deacon asks if we can build off tribe lands, and run the risk of it being demolished and/or decay. A "happy balance" of time is suggested to counteract the build time and demolish time.
- Everyone was infavour of adding a label system to storage containers.
- Trenixdecease suggests resizing the long logs to something smaller or have the character drag the log instead of having it on the back. He adds to remove the ability to swim and climb while holding onto long logs as well.
- Sort and filter by Kitsume was suggested that players like order. Given the ability to sort by name or group/classification type is much needed. Classification meaning chests, hammers, axes and Group meaning wood, bone, coyote, tallac.
- A visual indication of the building process is suggested by trenixdecease.
- These are very dark times, and with that trenixdecease suggests having cannibalism and allow players bury others. A reward was suggested that if done enough it will turn you into a spawn of evil.
- Combat Keybindings; double tap movement keys to initate a dodge move in that direction. Blocking to be allowable with a click of LMB and RMB because of the use of two weapons when pushed at the same time. Support the use of the middle button.
- Craftable, findable and upgradable "Craftwork statations" was suggested in two topics. KeithStone's topic talks of using the craftwork stations in tribe situations to allow for the ability of tribe/non-tribe members using the stations in help with the crafting of items. A possible "Purchase the use of this bench" was suggested like a vending machine.
Rook's topic features similar ideas but in a portable and deployable way. Having a station that can act as a constructable item in which you can use to help with things like forrestry (grafting trees for replanting at a later date/trade, fruit trees was talked about, capture of animals (alive for breeding). To help with catography, to help with scavenging and similar aids.
The later thread talks about how to make such stations if you dont have the skills to create it, trading is apart of the idea of this thread and trading to get those stations was the best suggestion. [[KiwiBird:: My view is that there should be a way to make different qualities of stations if allowed. Better quality more items can be 'attached' to it, or have different upgrades available... perhaps even the use of artifacts if found can be used only with the station]] Land ownership was talked about, and that zero ownership except over the items should be possible, thou damage to the stations is the risk of the owner.
- A old topic came to the surface from Xx1327. Have the ability to "Track" players and likely creatures via either visual descriptions on screen, or the ability to request such information from the server.
- Players suggest the ability to carry more than one small log at a time perhaps based on skills and current encumberance.
- trenixdecease started a long thread on Masonry/Architect/Woodcraft problems. Suggests: Masons should only be the only pathers/road builders. Have different types of pavements. Remove the requirement for a shovel. Bricks should be stackable in the real world (ie without a container). Gain a new item, mixing tub. The only item that can mix and store mortar.
Architect should be the only planner. When not planning they should be harvesting, preparring for or otherwise getting matterials the structures may need. As the planner, writting tools should be added to the game to make the plans, either to be sold or used by the tribe.
- Players like the idea of water collection; thou couldn't agree on the types that should be allowable. Lyster (Lister) bags, Cisterns, Wells, Aqueducts, Rain Barrels.
Listed 6 November [NZDT]
- After being killed players shouldn't be allowed to spawn and start attacking or be attacked that same moment. There should be a timer before that can happen. Canadian. [[Xsyon:: Added to list]]
- Rook requested the name of new crafting recipies to be displayed on screen when found. [[Xsyon:: Added to list]].
- TredoAsk and suggests if not thought of, of adding the ability to harvest meat from animals. Update:: Ways to harvest meat is wanted, but different ways for different qualities/quantities. Raw meat should be edible, but with good and bad consequences for different kinds. Be able to carry the animal (like other items) on the back to transport to the tribe; doing so created a debate over what should be better, at the site of the kill or the tribe. Change the de-spawn time [[KiwiBird:: I do like Wurm's idea of no de-spawn unless you bury the body.]].
- mrcalhou suggests having the game 'auto-detect' settings that the player can use like screen resolution or the ability to change the settings outside of the game. [[KiwiBird:: I resuggest that a file should be able to be edited that can easily change settings for the players different situations.]]
- Ashanti is getting into the Christmas spirit and wonders if she can have the ability to arrange the windows in different ways. Her suggestion would see her allowing the window display 2x10 instead of the default square.
Loves the full use of her screen (suggested by another thread as well).
Rclick name > Private message that person.
Have nicer starting and ending animations for rain and snow.
Identify food sources (ie berries and flowers) from a distance. [[KiwiBird:: Or perhaps a more successful rate if near such food bearing bushes, flowers etc]]
- Ashanti from the same thread as before, would like to see the ability to craft 'treats'. Such as chocolate. And gratitude items such as a bouquet of flowers.
- Have default permission settings that can be changed. meradin
- Digby Caesar suggests using a injury system for combat (or other damages). That is if the player hits the left arm, that arm takes damage, which limits its usage.
- Players are interested in languages that takes skill to learn. Having different tribes speaking different languages and being forced to learn other tribes languages. Kinslayer ended the topic with saying he likes it, but shouldn't be something that delays the start of game.
- AFK is something that is seen as welcome, along with the possiblity to "work offline" or not appear online to friend-like lists.
- Winter weather gear has been suggested by Travdoty. Dog or wolves. Skis and snowboards. Along with such things as snowshoes to assist with walking and clothing to help keep the warmth in, along with food recipies to help with that.
- Wagon-to-the-future sees Chade asking if we can have tribes that can be mobile by the means of using wagons. Tribal Wagon: Totempole on wheels, Transport Wagon: Storage that cant be accessed while in motion, Covered Wagon: Sleeping quarters for players or players logged out, Traders Wagon: Storage that can be accessed while the wagon is in motion, Pike Wagon: The storage wagon to house easily to setup fencing. I lot more thought has gone into this suggestion, such as decay of items, quality, and possible addition of having natural disasters.
- Players are warming to the idea of "Fluff Rewards" - a brag right of how long the player has been with the game. It was suggested and well recieived that any such, "Ive been here since X long" and have the [[KiwiBird:: In my own words (and game content only)]] "awsome 6th month reward tshirt"
Listed 22 October [NZDT]
- A rail system [years into the game] where players can use animal-pulled carts, upgraded to steam engines and the like that can cart goods around such as long logs or heavy resources and can include people. [[KiwiBird:: Players like the idea of animal pulled carts (Donkey) before the inclusion of this suggestion]] ~Digby Caesar.
- Harvesting materials from animals should change the model of that animal. --Decapitate the animal if the head is attempted to be removed --Skinned if the hid/fur is tried --Paws/Hooves/Feet removed when touched --Bones should open the area where the bones are. ~Digby Caesar.
The suggestion also moved into the realm of wanting the visual of blood. Those that supported the idea liked it in its full vision, but a few wanted the ability to turn it off. Virtus highlighed the fact that German players are not allowed to see visualisation of blood and would require that the 'off' switch to be enforced.
- Floating names and character creation thread got a lot of suggestions. The post started out how to render names displayed in game and the character creation menu overhaul. Players suggested that names should only be visible when the player has the mouse over them, or other "selector" methods similar to this.
Deacon suggested that hiding should remove the name regardless of mouse positon.
Risk wants to see the character creation screen have value input from the keyboard, select the value '50' and change it using '20' by inputting the keys on the keyboard.
Listed before Suggestion update
- Is it just me or are our hands a bit small in comparison to the rest of our body? They seem a bit small in relation, regardless of the size of the character. ~tredo (44 minutes).
- Have the ability to set default settings for crafted or collected items. ~meradin (3 Hours).
- The ability to have Ship Building in the game ~Vandali [[Virtus: all in good time, they will be in later.]].
- First person view is not displaying correctly, it seems to be "too zoomed in". Seems the 1st person view is behind the head not in front. ~Kinslayer (23 hours).
- mrcalhou says that the swimming speed is to fast. (12 hours).
- The ability to transform long logs cut from a tree, into small logs. ~Tredo (1 Day, 5 hours).
- Have the ability to use the space around the Hotkeys and keystroke options. Prevent, screens from being displayed off screen [[KiwiBird: If I understand the post correctly]]. Have the Rclick menu appear on screen at all times (as opposed to off screen). ~Kinslayer. Ferakpsi suggests having the ability to set individual windows transparancey levels. (1 day, 22 hours).
- The ability to allow for a sheath and draw of weapons, by using slots in character window. Should allow for weapons and tools to be swapped easily. Diinem (1 Week, 1 day).
- Have a skill, method or magic to get out of trenches. Virtus (2 Days, 22 hours).
- Support for G19 Keyboards, and similar such setups. Kinslayer (3 Days, 3 hours).
- Add a shoutbox to the fourm dezgard
- The ability to construct different types of traps is welcomed, included examples being a pit-fall trap, spring and a bear trap using metal jaws and springs for huge amounts of damage when stepped on. Hiding or Stealth was covered as well, Camo using cloaks using local area objects to weave to create a cover to hide buildings, players. The removal of "invisibility" stealth and replace with camo clothing and knowledge. Posted by ~Xx1327 (5 days, 3 hours).
- After you kill somebody they shouldn't be allowed to spawn right behind you and start attacking they should have to wait a minute after they revive before they can attack or until somebody attacks them. Canadian (5 days, 5 hours).
- Canadian wants to see a global chat added (5 days, 19 hours).
- Have a dynamic farming system, that uses time of year, time itself, skill and other factors to grow seeds, weed and develop crops then harvest said crops. Allow plants like St. Johns to be plantable and harvestable to allow for things like medicine or posions. ~Cavious (1 week, 6 days).
- The addition of birds to the game, hunting and visual effects. ~Xx1327 (6 days, 12 hours). [[KiwiBird: One of the devs have stated they are working on this, waiting for code to implament it]]
- Add the ability to terraform near the totem pole as currently this is disabled. [[Xsyon: I added this to my suggestion list.]] ~Nails (6 days, 17 hours).
- Have the ability to find our "home" whatever the player calls home. [[KiwiBird: a lot of players didn't like the suggestion]] ~aliksteel 1 Month, 1 Week ago).
- Have hovering names display over top of any window [[Kiwibird: Think the term here is focused, that if its not the top layer the text will appear under the none focused menu]]
The shovel seems to be held incorrectly when being used.
The ability to turn emote sound effects off. ~Kinslayer (1 Month, 1 Week ago).
- The ability to have chat bubbles, with the ability to turn them off as the player wishes ~Saorlan (3 Months ago).
- Add the ability to sit on the ground. ~Zarnek (2 Months, 2 weeks ago).
- Allow each player only one campfire, requiring that player to first put out and then destroy the campfire before building another one. Allow camp lights that may use fire for tribe lighting. Deacon adds that standing in a campfire should harm the player, dig a ditch, add fuel and light it on fire to burn and keep being (like a wall of fire). Other suggestions include having the fire dystroy itself when it runs out of fuel. Similar effects to wurm was also suggested that if a campfire had a non-burning resource the campfire would remain till it is removed and empty. Things that burn that where in the fire would simply create a pile of resources on the ground. ~Cavious (2 Months).
- The ability to learn how to replant trees and have them grow (or not) depending on skill, as well having trees replant new trees at a slower rate paelen (1 Month, 3 Weeks). [[Kitsume: We haven't seen a full year cycle yet, every reset sets the time back to winter.]] Cracky69 adds that karma should also be used with harvesting trees as well as other resources, linking the availablity or quality of things like fish and flora being influanced by the surrounding trees.
- Add a collision box to dropped resources such as branches, twigs, grass etc. ~Snake (1 Month, 3 Weeks).
- Allow for less obvious looped sounds (like ‘rain’).
Make ‘Huff and Puff’ less prominent as well as ‘Drinking’.
Animation for Snow seems to rotate through four pages of scrolling white dots.
After logging in, return to the forums. [[kiwibird: This will likely come with the new forum software used on the site]]
A ‘Fart’ emote with sound to roleplay the effects of eating and drinking. ~paelen
- Will we be able to build bridges? Rope bridges might be able to be built by a toolcrafter, requires planks, rope, and stakes (poles) to support the bridge. Shovels would be required to dig the holes for the stakes. Destruction of the bridge could allow players to fall off if the slopes of the surrounding terrain allow for it. ~Nails (2 Months, 1 Week ago).
- Have simple but effective torches that can burn replaceable products like fur or animal fat. Have the torch act as a simple weapon and perhaps scare certain creatures away if it is not hungry and desperate for food. ~Risk (3 Months, 3 Weeks ago).
- Add a Surveyor skill to assist Terraforming. Give players the ability to set information while terraforming to allow the process to create flat land to help with the planning of the surveyor that will take place. Allow advanced features by use of the skill gained by the Surveyor. ~Ignominus (2 Months, 3 Weeks ago). [[KiwiBird: More ideas listed here by aliksteel]] Dezgard would like more controled terraforming using the construction "ghost" system, the more skill the more "terraforming constructions" you can build.
- Have the option of Mouse Look. So when the mouse is moved it will rotate the viewing area, but can still use wasd movement keys. ~Savado (2 Months, 1 Week ago).
- Change name tag colours, enable different colours for different types of people (Friend list, Guide, Dev, Tribe, Foe, etc). Have the ability to recognise no one at all, then as people place “wanted signs” or we get to find someone we know, have the names being displayed. ~ frittsguy (2 Months, 1 Week ago).
- Have some form of record to indicate how and why a person died. ~ Ignominus (2 Months, 2 Weeks ago).
- Allow the key press [/] to open the chat interface with the / sign typed already. Allow the key press [R] to reply to the last whisper a person sent you. Have names that are in the chat interface be clickable to “/w” that player. ~inferno3387 (2 Months, 2 Weeks ago).
- Have the tools autoselect by the game when crafting. ~ IakXastur (2 Moths, 3 Weeks ago).
- Varied slots within the same types of bags. For example Welmeti Storage Bin has 20 slots, Wasoe Storage Bin has 15 slots. Have locks or similar to create stronger containers that (if they can be stolen) are more difficult to open. ~kiwibird (2 Months, 3 Weeks ago).
- Be able to cut a large log into a small log ~tredo (4 days, 17 hours ago).
- Hiding is too easy to level, only requires hiding and unhiding over and over again. Also it is ridicules that you can be standing in front of someone and be fully transparent. It is more like magic ~Nails (2days, 5 hours ago).
- When removing animal parts remove that part of the body from the rag doll ~Digby Caesar (10 hours, 34 min ago).
- Personal upgradable storage chests ~Canadian (5 hours, 15 min ago).
Terraforming, Crafting and Gathering
- Allow players to terraform down on rock using a pick axe.
- Have the mounds and ditches made from terraforming a bit more smoothed, it is currently a bit unimmersive seeing sharp polygonal shapes made from dirt, a little smoothing would keep the accuracy and make it look a hell of a lot better.
- Add a simple starting compass that when used simply points north and a tinkering skill later that allows the player to create more accurate and advanced compasses. When open the player should move slower.
- Add a simple starting map item the player starts with that when used appears in the UI and shows a very simple outline of the lake and the players position.
- Players can then create more accurate maps later on with the drawing skill, or possibly a cartography skill if you can think of a way of making it work.
- Allow the player to create telescopes in a tinkering skill later.
- Allow players to create musical instruments later using the tinkering or some other skill.
- Add a music editor that a player can access when they use a musical instrument, assign notes to keyboard keys and allow the player to record a song which is then saved to the players "music book" or womething similar.
- Remove the progress bar for cutting down a tree and instead give the tree a certain number of "hit points" the larger the tree the more hit points it has (possibly even have this randomized slightly from tree to tree). When you face the tree and click "cut down tree" your character will begin to chop down the tree as they currently do. However the players logging skill and the quality/type of axe they are using determine how much "damage" they are doing and hence how long it will take to cut down. There are a few distinct advantages to this system; Firstly it allows variation in time to cut down large and small trees and secondly it allow another player to help cut down the tree faster as the tree will reach 0 "hit points" sooner and hence fall thus encouraging team work. If necessary for this to work have the user need to target the tree before they can chop it down, this would work in well with the next suggestion anyway.
- Allow the player to target trees etc before cutting them down as to see what kind of tree it is, furthermore add the option to examine objects in the world and in the case of the tree, examination will tell the player how old the tree is; Sapling, Young, Mature, Old, Over Aged, Decaying. The age of the tree should also influence how many logs it will yield and how long it takes to cut down. (Yes, I know this is borrowed from Wurm, but it is a good system).
- Allow players to specify a number of items they wish to craft in a text field somewhere within the crafting window so that we don't need to keep re-adding the tools and materials for every craft even if we have the materials for multiple.
- Have the player crouch when scavenging.
- When cutting a felled tree up have the player perform the action multiple times, each time yielding one long instead of an entire pile in one action. and Have the tree only disappear when it has been depleted of all resources. This worked well in Wurm and it makes the player feel more like the logs are the direct result of their action and it is more immersive/realistic.
- *When you terraform on snow, if you dig deep enough the snow should disappear leaving the ground texture visible.
- You should have to dig past the snow until you reach the ground layer before you can build a road, if not then when you build a road it should appear over the snow (preferably the first option), because it is incredibly difficult to make a road in the snow as you cant see where you are building.
- Add the ability, to create paper with wood, water and other materials.
- Add a writing skill that allow the player to open a simple text editor when using a piece of paper/parchment and pen/pencil. When writing on paper the player should be able to walk only. Possibly only allow text to be deleted/edited when being first made, then after the changes are saved the paper and its contents become a real world item, text can be added to but not deleted or changed.
- Add a drawing skill that allows the player to open a simple drawing program when using a piece of paper/parchment and pen/pencil. When drawing on paper the player should be able to walk only. Possibly only allow images to be added to not erased.
Character and Skills
- Add an action/skill similar to hiding called climbing. Basically a player may enter this mode, when in climbing mode movement takes more energy and the player moves slower however they are able to travel up far steeper surfaces then those you can move up when running. This was done well in Wurm.
- Make Road Building a separate skill as it makes no sense to be under terraforming.
- Add options for changing your characters facial features.
- Make it so that when you greatly increase your characters weight their legs/knees also spread apart to reduce the strange chicken leg look.
- Add an explanation tool tip to what the different stats and skills do and what their effect is in game, when creating your character.
- We need a way to instantly close all windows, then open the same windows right back up. Needed for quick clearing of the viewing area incase of combat, etc.
- Add proper tooltip windows for the following; Items, Skills, Actions, Emotes Status Bars, Window Button (Skills, Inventory, Resources etc).
- Add a scroll bar to crafting lists and allow the player to cycle down the list with the arrow keys.
- Have players names only appear above their head when you cursor over them. Players whom you have met and evil players (who you need not meet to know their name) names should appear over ther heads when cursored over while good players you have yet to meet would not appear at all. It is less intrusive and allows players to hide but still allows you to tell the players name if you want.
- Change the red/orange circle that appears below your target to a less intrusive color such as green. The current color really breaks immersion. Or better yet simply have the target just stay "lighter" as things currently do when cursored over, this removes the need for a targeting circle entirely.
- Add more hotbars with the ability to scroll through them by pressing Shift+,1,2,3etc.
- Add a system log that will tell the player what is happening, crafting fails, damage etc.
- Reduce the size of the Inventory window by moving the two side panels inward and maximizing pace, possibly also reduce its physical size as it currently takes up far too much space.
- Add a scroll bar to the skills window instead of the up and down arrows.
- Graphically overhaul the skills menu, currently it looks boring and simplistic. Possibly desing it more toward a skills book theme.
- On the character selection screen have the players last logged in, or only character selected by default.
- On the character selection screen, the "Enter Xsyon" button should be above "Delete Character" button.
- Add a nicer and higher res background image to character creation and selection.
- Add tool tips for Emotes.
- Move the "Entering so and so area" text to the top of the screen instead of in the middle.
- *Add a log off button in addition to the Exit button and when clicked have a timer displayed until the user logs off.
- When dragging an icon into the hotbar have the hotbar slot you are currently cursoring over highlight.
- When creating a character have the stat selection tool, and Height and Weight etc work on a slider slider in addition to the click to increase/decrease.
- Aesthetically overhaul the Interface making it more visually appealing, as the current one looks outdated and basic, possibly make give it an appropriate theme.
To their *Change the Current Inventory/Weight and Bulk system to the following:
- Make bags operate in a free form manner similar to Darkfall/Ultima Online so that Items can be freely dragged around inside them.
- Bags themselves have a volume limit depending upon their size and reflect this by how large they are on the players screen when open.
- Smaller bags can be placed inside larger ones if the player wishes.
- The player has an over all weight limit that determines how much weight they can carry, This includes items in their Inventory and their Paper Doll.
- Each item has a Volume and a Weight attribute.
- The total volume of items in a bag cannot exceed its volume limit.
- The total weight of items carried by the player (including inventory and paper doll) gets very close weight limit they move slower and slower, until they can no longer move.
Movement and The World
- The player should be able to hold S when jumping to slow down horizontal motion and control their jump length.
- Currently it is impossible to properly control jumping and this makes it very dificult when jumping from one thing to another or over a specific distance.
- The snow is nice, but the snow closest to the camera is a little too big/too much, possibly reduce the size of the snow over all.
- Add some kind of visual indicator that your character is resting. i.e sitting down, bent over with hand on knees, something.
- For some reason sometimes dirt shows up through the snow in strange circular and lined patterns instead of the irregular patches as it should. This should be changed.
- Add some far more densely packed areas of trees/bushes if they are ever added. Such forests would act as prime resource points as well as great places to hide or lose people in.
- *First person view is currently very bad it feels disconnected and un-immersive not to mention buggy. Allow the player to always see their hands even when not in combat mode and rework first person swing animations to look more fluent and less glitchy (slowing down swing speed further would help this). Possibly also allow the character to see their feet/legs when looking down.
- Currently when you spin your character it is very apparent that the grass planes are spinning with you this is especially obvious when viewed from above. Not sure how this can be improved but making it less obvious would be nice.
- Allow players to crouch and prone and add a skill that determines a players speed
- Allow players to swim under water by aiming the camera down into the water.
- When it starts raining or snowing, at certain times have it start soft and get heavier instead of just instantly bucketing down, likewise have it slowly die away instead of suddenly ceasing.
- Add bushes to the world as currently there are only trees, possible allow players to forage in bushes.
Controls and Key Bindings
- Allow players to adjust music volume more precisely as currently the lowest volume is too loud and the only other option is to have it off.
- Add a mouse sensitivity slider in the options.
- Add support to the key bindings menu for additional mouse buttons (Mouse 4, 5 etc).
Audio, Sound Effects and Emotes
- Add and animation and sound effect for taking fall damage.
- Change or remove the sound effects for opening and closing UI windows as they are currently very annoying, either that or have an option to turn them off.
- Allow players to set the sound effects for the emotes to one of the following; On for set one (Includes all emote sounds). On for set two (Includes only realistic emote sounds). Off (Turns off all emote sounds).
- Add a "I surrender" Emote showing the characters hand in the air.
Graphics and Animations
- Add a way to change the directory screen shots are saved in.
- Add a warning that you lost your connection with the server