Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time zones

Time zones

Wont the time zone have a bad affect on players from diffret country's?, Like logging on to find everything cleaned up by someone who is 3 - 4 hours in front is gonna be a pain in the rear.

Not to mention barely seeing some of your tribe members

Re:Time zones

You'll be doing stuff that affects people 3-4 hours behind you and they'll be doing stuff to that affects the original folks. Just one big diurnal cycle.

Most clans tend to be either US or EU, or at least split into two subsections. Nooooo problem.

Chill man!

Re: Time zones

Other games have had the same issue, However time zones don't always effect when everyone plays.
    If nothing else it will balance out the population, and some tribes will form around being from a different time zone.
    Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage.

Niccolo Machiavelli

You can always just make a tribe with people from the same timezone if you consider that a problem.

I personally like not having the community split per timezone.

I don't think you can say that you'll be behind someone else, since there will always be people on from all over the world, so stuff can happen at all times.

EDIT: I'm way too slow

true that, the reason im concerned is because i played an mmo with people from other time zones and it was messy , But heres to more uk players!

In the 'where are you from' thread there's been several UKers and Euros in general.

Not trying to sound like an ass here, but what is the point of this thread? There is nothing in an sandbox game the devs can do and this is an common problem. Also if you in a guild where people are not online in your timezone your in the wrong guild (I known, once you settle it is hard to leave).

What comes around goes around. You do something in off time of other they will take you back when your sleeping.

Im just wondering weather the respawns wont be long enough for players to miss a certain patch of the game

Redus wrote:
    Not trying to sound like an ass here, but what is the point of this thread? There is nothing in an sandbox game the devs can do and this is an common problem. Also if you in a guild where people are not online in your timezone your in the wrong guild (I known, once you settle it is hard to leave).

What comes around goes around. You do something in off time of other they will take you back when your sleeping.
    Actually it would be best for a guild to have people from all timezones, that's all I'm saying.

Also the totem removes the need for people to be online to do quests etc.

Virtus wrote:
    Also the totem removes the need for people to be online to do quests etc.
    Hmmm? What's this about?